Visitor.

A/n: here comes moth :0

——————

A soft sparking sound close by along with a calming orange glow woke you up a little bit, but the gentle rocking of the waves slowly lulled you back asleep.

They treaded lightly towards your sleeping form, taking in your features with softly glowing jade eyes. They took a seat by your bedside, tilting their head in curiosity. They reached a cautious hand out to your head, before pressing lightly on your temple. A small aura of magic surrounded their thumb before they slowly pulled their hand back.

"(Y/n)... (L/n)... Humble fisherman... 23... prefers to be alone with the ocean.. how quaint." The Mysterious being whispered while standing up. "Quite adorable too... I wonder which way he sways." They chuckled. They waved their hand, making a shadowy portal to a sunny temple appear, walking through it before it closed.

————————

You woke up feeling uneasy, feeling if someone had read your very soul. The sensation made you scared, thinking that someone could've broke in. It was a reasonable thought, as the Marina de Oro was an expensive looking ship, which would make people think that you had expensive items. It was actually quite the opposite, as you only own used items, or objects that others would consider broken. The only objects that were brand new or completely functional was your small collection of sea-glass, crystals and all your appliances.

Shaking off the feeling, you checked all your belongings to see if anything was misplaced, only to see a bright orange feather near the recliner. It gave you a warm, comforting vibe, so you placed it on the shelf with your collection of sea glass. Once you made sure nothing had been stolen, you got dressed, tidied up your hair, and grabbed the large crate of fish you caught earlier. You walked outside and onto the wooden deck, stretching out in the island heat. You made sure to grab your vending license as you hopped off the boat, walking towards the fish market at a brisk pace.

———————

Deals were made, fish were sold, and it was about 3pm once you sold all your fish. You checked the total amount you had gotten, with it totaling up to about 150$; Well worth your time and efforts, as you didn't have to pay any taxes. Being from a long line of fishermen with a pre-paid boat wasn't looking too shabby as job right now.

You got to live on the open seas, you set your schedule yourself, did all the repairs by hand, and weren't bound by anyone's problems. The only obstacle is if the sea was temperamental, and was stormy. Other than that, you could care less.

And that's what you did. Dropping off all the savings in your safe, you changed into some comfy clothes and went out to explore what the island had to offer. Though, something was off. You had this gut feeling that you were being watched, which was odd. Who would be weird enough to watch a quiet fisherman?

You shook your head, passing up the feeling as just a side effect of you waking up weird this morning. You hopped off the ship and walked into the island. You looked up at the statue you saw before, giving it another respectful bow.

The being's heart swelled with joy. It was this statue that had alerted them of your existence. A faint, warm feeling washed over them as you left the statue. They had been watching you all day now, with a servant occasionally interrupting them by bringing food. They wondered, if you had servants like they did, how would you treat them? They bet that you would be extremely kind and respectful. How adorable.

The being watched you from their temple, gazing at you through a one sided portal. They could see the sun just starting to set, as you walked further into the island, determined to find somewhere pretty. Your resolve was admirable to the being. Though, it could become a problem in the future if they decide to bring you to the Sanctuary... You seemed pretty attached to that boat. Nevertheless, you would probably eventually settle down if they brought you here. They hoped.

Then an idea struck them.

The being summoned one of their servants, telling them to notify the rest of their underlings that they'll 'Be on a trip'. The being left soon afterwards, a devious smirk on their face.

—————

You sighed as you looked around the area. You had managed to wander far enough inland to reach a park, equipped with a small fountain and a few benches. While you preferred the sea, it was nice to just relax on steady ground; letting the soft cries of birds and warm winds take any remaining tension out of your body. Sitting down at a bench, you watched as a young bird hopped into view nearby.

"Hi little fella. I don't have any food if that's what you're looking for." You mumbled quietly to the small creature. It simply hopped around, before making its way over to you. You noticed that it's wing was slightly bent. Concerned, you lowered your hand so that it could hop on. Hesitantly, it approached your hand before carefully climbing on. Now you weren't an expert at this, but you could tell something in the wing was broken with how it looked. Now determined to help the bird out, you placed it on your shoulder before giving it a little bit of head scratches.

Now, you wouldn't force it to stay on your shoulder if it really didn't want to stay, but you did want to get it to an animal clinic of some sorts. You rushed back to the Marina with the small bird on your shoulder. As you got there, you took the small bird off your shoulder and practically sprinted towards your phone. Looking for anywhere nearby that could help, you cursed silently as there wasn't a nearby animal clinic on the island. The closest one was a full island away. Doing the next best thing, you did a bunch of research on what species the bird was, how to make a cast for a bird, how to care for a bird, etc, etc.

The first thing you found out was that it was a native species of parakeet called the Sun Parakeet, with the next being an in depth guide to making a cast for a bird. You looked around for the small parakeet, seeing it try to hop onto the bed. You took in it's unique pattern as you thought of a plan. Neon orange base, with blood orange wings that had golden feathers and a strange eye like pattern on each side. It also had vibrant blue eyes, the kind of blue you would see from a tropical sea. You nearly got lost in them before you snapped yourself out of it. This was an injured bird after all.

You decided it would be best to keep it in the bathroom until you got the proper supplies to treat it with, so you gingerly picked it up and placed it on a towel in the shower. You also left it a few grapes and a bowl of water in case it got thirsty or hungry. Grabbing a bit of money out of the safe, you looked at the parakeet one last time before heading out. The parakeet patiently awaited your return, sitting on the towel and preening its feathers.

—————

You grabbed a few things from the local pharmacy. Gauze wrap, medical tape, toothpicks, and a neck pillow. You paid for the items before heading back to your ship. It was dark by now, and your ship reflected the dim moonlight off it's polished wood. Hopping onto the ship, you walked over to the bathroom, only to find the parakeet fast asleep on the towel. Sighing, you unloaded everything into the small bathroom.

You carefully picked up the sleeping bird, placing it on the neck pillow and stretching out its wing as slowly as possible. Oddly enough, the wing looked fine when you examined it more closely, which confused you.

"I could have sworn something was wrong with it... better be safe than sorry though" you mumbled as you dulled the edges of the toothpicks and placed them around the wing. You held down the feathers as you wrapped its wing in gauze, before covering it a layer of medical tape. Satisfied with your work, you carried the pillow over to your recliner and put it down. You covered the pillow and the chair with a towel and placed the bird in the makeshift nest. The bird secretly cracked an eye open and gazed at you.

"Well, if you're gonna be here for a while, might as well name you.... how about... Raya? No, no... it could be a guy... maybe something like.. Navajo. Yeah, that sounds nice." You hummed in approval at the name you thought of as you walked towards your bed. You wanted to get an early start in the morning, so you started your nighttime routine early. Shower, brush your teeth, comb out your hair, and then go read. When you felt as if you were about to fall asleep, you turned off the overhead lamp and cozied up under the sheets.

"Goodnight Navajo..." you mumbled as you drifted off to sleep.

"Sweet dreams, (Y/n)...."