Seaside.

A/n: I always try to start my chapters out with either a silly note or my thoughts while writing the chapter. I think imma keep doing that, is nice thing. Enjoy!

(Also, if you get what island I'm referencing, say hi to the Rebels for me)

—————

The trip came up as abruptly as you suggested it, being only 3 days afterwards. Mothrax had left you alone for those days, for once actually letting you talk to the villagers so he could plan. Eventually, he had decided on a secluded island in the tropics with a rocky looking terrain and crystal blue waters.

You woke up a few hours before you left, picking out the best of the clothes that were in the dresser. You managed to scrap together a decent outfit: a thin white t-shirt, beige pants and a pair of strapped sandals that would be decent to run in if things went south. You wandered over to the bathroom to put your hair in a bun before washing your face and giving yourself one last pep talk.

"You just have to hold it together for a few more hours. Show no suspicion and bare no resentment." You whispered to yourself as you stared at your sunken eyes in the mirror. You hoped whoever this sworn enemy was that they would have some better self care tools, you needed to clean up the stubble and give yourself a rest after all the shit you've been put through.

A swift, quiet knock sounded at your door. You readied a fake smile but immediately dropped it the second King's silver eyes met yours. He looked over you once before nodding and waving for you to follow, which you quickly did. He walked slowly so the two of you could finalize some details.

"Few things. Don't take anything with you and immediately switch out your clothes for what the captain provides, Mothrax may have implemented some sort of tracking magic on it. Second, you have to, and I really mean have to stay calm when we leave to escape. Tell him you need to take a piss, and I'll tell him I'm keeping a close eye on you. Third, Jet will kill you if you mess up his ship. Respect the Yunobo like you respect the Marina, got it?" King stopped, waiting for your response. You nodded nervously, to which King started walking again. "Good. Now the last rule is the most important."

"Do not fuck with Naturion."

His posture tensed up as he spoke of their name, like he had seen the extent of what they've done and regretted watching it. You nodded nervously, and King relaxed. He took one final breath before stopping at the door to the outside.

"I won't be able to say this when you leave because we'll be in a hurry, so I'll say it now. Godspeed, (Y/n) (L/n). I hope with all my heart you find freedom and never see me again, for if we do, we will have failed. But, we won't let that happen now, will we?" He smiled at you. No lust, no devious intents, Just a friend saying goodbye. It almost hurt saying goodbye, knowing if it goes wrong, he'll take the full extent of Mothrax's rage.

"And I say godspeed to you, King. I don't know how you're gonna escape, but I hope your end of the plan works. We each have our part to play in this plan, and I won't you down." You smiled back up at him, determination flaring in your soul. King nodded and turned to the door.

"Let's get to it then." King put on a mask of professionalism and opened the door with a click. You put on a joyful expression to mask the excitement that roared in your mind.

——————

Mothrax awaited at the temple, holding a large bag of items, most likely for King to carry. Today, he wore sea colored pants and was equipped with various pieces of sea glass jewelry and a blue parrot feather circlet.

His ear swiveled towards you before he turned, looking at you with glee in his eyes as he rushed over and gave you a hug. You really hated contact from him, but if you kept it up, it would be easier to sneak away, so you returned the hug. He happily nuzzled his head into the crook of your neck, jewelry chiming with every move he made. Your eye twitched unconsciously as he pulled himself back up and kissed you on the cheek.