Yup, Just a Normal Day

Characters included: Emerelda, Lucy, Brystal, Skylene, Tangerina, and Xanthous!

Emerelda has been writing so many letters that the Fairy Council have received. I mean, she was the responsible one for it. Their schedule was always tight and she always had to make time for all the requests. Sometimes, she would have to skip dinner or any other meals just to answer all the letters.

She sighed from all the stress she has been having against her. She looked up and stood up in front of a mirror. It looked like she had bags under her eyes from not getting any sleep at all for the last few days. She rubbed her tired eyes and a yawn escaped her mouth. She had finally finished all the letters and decided to go eat a snack or something else she would find interesting.

When she walked out, she looked around to find all the students talking to each other. She would wave to all of them with a sweet smile and continue walking to the kitchen.

She walked into the kitchen to see Lucy burning a chicken in front of some students. Emerelda cringed from the sight of the chicken burning in front of all of them. She quickly went over.

"Lucy, what do you think you're doing?" Emerelda asked to Lucy.

"I'm teaching the students about sacrifice! So, I decided to let them experience a chicken sacrifice in person!" Lucy said that too excitingly.

"But, don't you think the sight of a chicken dying in front of your eyes is just a little too much?" Emerelda told her.

"If the students like it, then it's appropriate!" Lucy said with confidence.

Emerelda facepalmed and just ignored the burning chicken madness going on over there. She proceeded going into the kitchen and saw Tangerina taking all the sugar. Tangerina was eating all the sugar but stopped when she saw Emerelda with a nervous smile.

"Tangerina, please put all the sugar back." Emerelda told her.

"But, it's so good! It's basically the sugars fault that it's so sweet!" Tangerina said, blaming the sugar.

"It's bad for you, you can't always eat sugar. You need to eat healthy sometimes." Emerelda threw a celery in Tangerina's face.

Tangerina examined the vegetable with a disgusted face and looked back at Emerelda with confused expression.

"Go on, eat it." Emerelda said with a small smile on her face.

Tangerina looked back at the sugar and took the whole thing. She ran out of the kitchen before Emerelda could catch her.

Emerelda sighed with frustration but quickly let it go. She went searching for a snack that would catch her eye.

Brystal came in and noticed Emerelda. She smiled and Emerelda saw Brystal's presence behind her as she turned around to face her friend.

"I see that you have finally come out of your room, Em!" Brystal told her.

"Yeah, I decided to eat a snack.." Emerelda chuckled softly.

"Here, have this." Brystal pointed her wand to a plate filled with eggs, bacon, and rice. She gave the plate to Emerelda with her wand.

"You know, you could have just used your hands since it was right next to you," Emerelda let out a smile.

Brystal laughed while Emerelda got a fork and spoon for her food. She waved goodbye to Brystal as she left the kitchen. She ignored the whole situation with Lucy.

Lucy was surrounding the dead chicken with the kids, chanting who knows what.

Emerelda left and was now in the hallway with her plate of food. She saw Skylene running up to her with a sad expression. Emerelda noticed her holding a bowl filled with water, a fish was found dead inside.

"EM, THE FISH DROWNED! WHAT DO I DO? DO I HOLD A CEREMONY FOR THE FISH OR-"

"Sky, fishes can't drown. But, when was the last time you fed it?" Emerelda asked her very worried friend.

"About a month ago, why do you ask?" Skylene questioned.

"You're supposed to feed it everyday!" Emerelda exclaimed.

"Oh. That explains it.." Skylene walked off, looking at the fish with a sad look.

Emerelda watched her walk off and continued walking to her room. She saw Xanthous reading a story to the other students of the academy.

She noticed how happy he looked while reading to them. But, the moment changed when one of the pages  lit on fire. One of the students stomped on the fire to take it out. She let out a soft chuckle and went in her room.

She placed her food on the table and sat down. She couldn't stop thinking about all her friends. Sure, they could be a handful sometimes but they always made her smile.

It felt like yesterday that she was in the mines, turning all the stones into beautiful gems. She remembered seeing two people her age with a grown woman beside them. Emerelda wanted to stay with the dwarves and keep doing the same thing which was turning the stones into gems but one certain person refused to let her stay down here.

That one person was Brystal. She really convinced Emerelda about going to an academy filled with magic. It was a hard decision to say no to but she wanted to stay down here in the mines. But, one dwarf decided for Emerelda to leave with them. It was hard for her to leave her only family she had left..

Emerelda widened her eyes a little. If it weren't for Brystal and her dwarf she considered as her dad. She would have never been here but stuck in the mines. She had a family now, which was Brystal, Lucy, Skylene, Tangerina, and Xanthous. She felt tears down her cheeks and tried to wipe them off. She couldn't believe how far they have come ever since.

She was glad to be part of the Fairy Council.

(I decided to finally have an Emerelda chapter! I still can't believe what the Fairy Council have been through but look at them now! They are now helping people in need at all times..)