Chapter 45: I Got The Answers

Deep in the streets of Mistral's rain fell on the head of those who walked through the roads. None seemed to be bothered by this fact, as if it was common in that area. This area of Mistral was known for people that didn't care about life or goals. Walking through these streets were Ryder and Senka. Ryder was holding an umbrella while Senka stood beside him protecting herself from the rain.

"This is the place."

Senka pointed to a tavern to the left of them. Ryder looked at her and then towards the tavern. "You're sure she'll have answers for us?" He asked.

Senka smiled at him and gently held onto his arm. "I never said it was guaranteed, but I'm sure she does. She's a good friend of mine so I know she'll help."

Ryder sighed and then smiled before walking inside with Senka. The tavern is situated in the lower parts of the city of Mistral, where its entrance is marked by engravings of a spider emblem on the exterior of the building.

Inside the tavern, there are two floors, where the first floor has a bar and several tables around it. The walls are made of discolored bricks and the floors are made of stone.

"Well if it isn't Senka, it's been a while, my old friend."

Senka and Ryder turned their heads to see a heavy-set middle-aged woman with light skin and short blonde hair kept in a bob haircut. She has a spider in its web tattooed on her left shoulder, a beauty mark under her right eye, lipstick on her upper lip, and purple nail polish on her fingernails. The top of her dress is white and backless, with long sleeves and details, such as beads and straps, in purple. Below is a purple corset, and a long pleated skirt that is yellow on its top layer, purple in the middle one, and white in the lower layer. Her shoes are brown and decorated with a green ribbon.

"Lil' Miss"

Senka greeted as she walked over to the woman who was sitting at one of the tables in the back. Lil' Miss smiled as she motioned for them to come closer and sit with her. "Senka, who is this fine man you brought with you?" She asked.

Senka smiled as the two walked over and sat down across from the woman. "This is my partner Ryder. Ryder, this is my good friend Lil' Miss Malachite. She's the owner of this bar and the head of her organization." Senka explained.

"You know you had a hand in making this possible." Lil' Miss said.

Senka smiled while Ryder reached out his hand respectfully "It's a pleasure to meet you Lil' Miss Malachite." He said

Lil Miss took his hand and gave him a slight seductive look. "The pleasure is all mine, and please just call me Lil' Miss."

Ryder nodded as she turned her attention back to Senka "So, what brings you two here? Last I heard you had a little situation going on at Beacon."

Senka nodded at her statement and spoke "Yes and that's exactly why I'm here."

She paused as she pulled out two pictures from her pocket and put them on the table and slid them over to Lil' Miss.

"I'm looking for these two people. They are partners of ours and they're missing. I came here to see if you would have any intel. I'll pay you for it of course."

Lil' Miss shook her hand dismissing the matter "No need for payment. I'll give you any information free of charge. Besides, someone has already paid me for the same information. They should be arriving right about now."

As if on cue the doors opened behind them which made them turn their heads to see who had entered the tavern. Senka's eyes widened as they set on the pink and brown hair color that she knew all too well.