Chapter 18: Rage

As the chaos continued throughout the city fear was put into the hearts of the civilians as they saw the devastation. Grimm still attacking and destroying everything. Upon a rooftop Uzziel and Mercury were staring each other down, trying to read the other for a move.

Mercury smirked at the serious look on Uzziel's face "What's the matter, why are you just standing there? After all, you did say you wanted to fight, well it looks like you got your chance, that is unless... you've chickened out." Mercury mocked him.

Uzziel huffed and narrowed his eyes at him "You'll be gone soon enough, let's go." Uzziel replied.

Mercury's expression went from cocky to angry as he heard Uzziel's comment "what did you say? Don't talk nonsense you inept loser. You... an idiot like you has no business acting all high and mighty!" Mercury exclaimed.

"You talk too much. The time has come for you to make your exit." Uzziel said bluntly.

Mercury gritted his teeth as he heard Uzziel's words. He was starting to get under Mercury's skin "There you go, acting all high and mighty again. You don't honestly believe that we're equals? You're a complete embarrassment!" Mercury yelled.

"Only because next to me, you're embarrassed at how weak you are! Isn't that right Mercury?!" Uzziel exclaimed as he was finally starting to lose his patience.

Mercury growled and ran after Uzziel who was prepared for him. As Mercury made it close he lifted his right leg up and delivered a swift kick, aiming for Uzziel's head which he blocked with his left arm.

As Mercury's leg touched Uzziel's arm, Uzziel noticed the feeling and gave Mercury a shocked look who continued with the attack.

Mercury proceeded with his assault by using his right leg and shifting it so he could try to kick Uzziel again. Left and right he swung his leg as Uzziel moved backward trying to dodge Mercury's attacks.

With a fast change of pace Mercury spun around and tried to deliver a roundhouse kick but Uzziel ducked and grabbed his leg and swung Mercury over his shoulder and sent him flying forward.

Mercury caught his ground and grinned as he noticed that Uzziel was on the defensive. Uzziel narrowed his eyes finally realizing something "Your legs they're-"

"You're doing a lot of talking Uzziel! Don't tell me you're scared!" Mercury exclaimed as he charged at Uzziel.

Aura started to form around Uzziel forming into a gorilla as Mercury came closer. Mercury jumped in the air and tried to land a falling kick to Uzziel.

Uzziel quickly sidestepped it and delivered a devastating punch to Mercury's face which sent him flying backward. It took a few seconds before Mercury could catch his grind and land on his feet.

Mercury laughed and held his jaw looking at Uzziel who had a serious look on his face "Now that's more like it." He taunted as he gave off a smirk before running after Uzziel who also made his way towards Mercury.

Uzziel quickly threw a swift punch which Mercury dodged and countered with a swift roundhouse kick that landed on the back of Uzziel's head which made him lean towards his left side from the pressure.

Mercury smirked and quickly lifted up his right leg and started launching rapid kicks to Uzziel's stomach. After twelve kicks had landed Uzziel caught Mercury's leg and quickly lifted him up and slammed him on the ground.

His Gorilla aura started to form again which gave him immense strength. He grabbed Mercury by his shirt and lifted him off the ground and delivered another devastating punch that sent Mercury flying off the rooftop.