Chapter 47: Failed

In the Land of Darkness, five Nevermores wait on a rocky outcropping with large purple crystals. They fly away when an airship flies by them, heading toward a large purple structure in the distance. The airship lowers to an outcropping that serves as a dock, and Ryan and his crew, Hazel Rainart, Mercury Black, and Emerald Sustrai, hop out. As they proceed forward, they notice Tyrian Callows leaning against the entrance at the bottom of the stairs. His scorpion tail now has a spiked, metal tip covering it from where Ruby previously severed it.

"Welcome back, welcome back! I do hope you missed us as much as we missed you." He teased.

Emerald and Mercury glare at Tyrian.

"Let's go," Hazel said as he noticed Tyrian becoming a problem. Ryan, Cold, Ryzer, and Diana soon walked past them without paying them any mind.

The three proceeded forward past Tyrian, which made him turn to look at them. "Speaking of which, where is our Fall Maiden?"

Emerald stopped upon hearing this, prompting Tyrian to giggle, causing Emerald to growl.

"Emerald, come on," Mercury said as he noticed what was happening.

"Don't tell me something happened to her?" Tyrian said in a mocking tone, laughing at her expense.

Upon hearing this, Emerald turns around and draws her weapons at Tyrian. "I will cut off more than just your tail."

Tyrian chuckles as he slowly walks toward Emerald. "Careful, little girl. Cinder isn't here to protect you anymore."

Tyrian gets close to Emerald's face, causing her to back away. Tyrian intentionally cuts his cheek with the blade of Emerald's weapon. Upon seeing this, Emerald has a disturbed expression on her face. Mercury steps up to hold Emerald's shoulder and scare Tyrian away from her.

"Back off, freak," Mercury said as he glared at Tyrian.

"Oh, don't misunderstand; I am in mourning like you. Because it appears you've failed our Queen, and that is a tragedy." He said with a hint of sympathy in his tone.

A moment later, Tyrian drops his sympathetic facade and laughs maniacally. Mercury looks back at him in disgust, while Emerald is fearful. Finally, the two of them and Hazel turn around to proceed up the stairs as Tyrian continues laughing.

Salem opens her eyes in the meeting room and glares at her subordinates. Terror was seated right next to her, sipping from a cup in his right hand. Tyrian and Arthur Watts are seen fearfully sitting at the table. At the same time, Ryan, Cold, Diana, Ryzer, Hazel, Emerald, and Mercury kneel at the other end of the room.

"I would like you to explain to me... how it is, you failed so spectacularly?" Salem asked.

Hazel looked up slowly with a nervous look on his face. "The Faunus Militia split our forces-"

"Stop," Salem said as she cut him off.

Hazel remains silent with a fearful expression on his face.

Salem then puts her hands together, showing that she's trying to have patience with Hazel. "Let me rephrase the question - who is responsible for your defeat?" She asked.

Emerald and Mercury stay kneeling as Hazel stands up to give his answer. Salem listens intently.

"I take full responsibility." He responded.

Suddenly, Salem flips the table over, knocking Tyrian off his chair. Watts hastily stands up from his seat and backs away. Terror stayed in his chair with his eyes closed and his arms folded, not showing any type of fear from Salem's outburst.