Chapter 15: Yang's Mistake

The moon shines bright, down on Beacon academy as the wind blew gently. Lance was standing outside near the entrance sitting down on the steps. Anyone near him could tell that he was deep in thought as he looked up at the stars.

"Hey there!"

Lance flinched at the sound and turned his head to see Yang standing behind him with a smile on her face. "Shouldn't you be in bed?" He asked.

Yang sat down next to him and nudged him "Real funny." She responded.

Lance smiled and looked back at the sky "You nervous about the finals?" He asked.

Yang shook her head as she looked at the stars along with him "No, not really, I'm kind of excited." She responded which made Lance give off a questioning expression.

"You're no ordinary girl Yang, your love for battle is amazing." He responded with a slight chuckle. Yang nudged his arm as she looked at him "You trying to tell me you're nervous?" She asked.

Lance chuckled once more "If I have to face you then yeah."

This made Yang go wide-eyed for a second before her eyes shifted to the ground. It was silent for a moment as the two looked off in different directions. "Don't hold back," Yang said in a low tone.

Lance quickly turned his head to look at her "What?" He asked in a confused tone.

"I said don't hold back. If we face each other I don't want you to hold back and take it easy on me." She stated as she looked at him with a serious look on her face.

Lance sighed and looked away "That's easier said than done Yang. Wouldn't look too good on me going and hurting you, you know." He said in response, with a small smile on his face that she couldn't see.

Yang looked at him for a second before looking back at the ground. A moment went by and they both were completely silent. Lance noticed the silence and slowly turned his head back to look at Yang until he saw her standing up and cocking her arm back.

Lance knew what was coming back and quickly jumped up as Yang fired a shot at him. The blast missed as he jumped away and looked at her "What's your problem?" He asked.

"Stop treating me like I'm a delicate little girl that can't protect herself!" Yang demanded which caught Lance off guard.

Lance was lost for words at her statement "Wa-Wait Yang I was only kidding." Lance said frantically as he put his hands up in defense.

Yang raised an eyebrow as she slowly lowered her hands "I know how much this means to you. You've been excited about the tournament since it started I would never take that away from you." He responded.

Lance then unsheathed his sword and held it up so it was pointing at Yang "Fine then. With my semblance and this sword, I'm going to give you everything I got. Remember, you asked for this." He added with a smile on his face.

Yang responded with a smile of her own and nodded at his words.

Meanwhile....

Regulus was in the shopping district, leaning near a street light and looking at the ground deep in thought.

"Regulus?"

Regulus snapped back to reality as he heard the familiar voice. He looked up to see Blake standing across from him.

"Oh, Blake it's you. What're you doing out at this hour?" He asked with a small smile on his face.

She looked at a black book she had in her left hand and then back at him "I wanted to buy this book before the store closed. I wanted to get a few pages in before I turned in for the night." She explained.