Chapter 14: Overcome

The crowd cheered as a match was about to take place in the arena. People were excited about the match that showed up on the screen. Oobleck cleared his throat and then spoke into the mic.

"Alright, ladies and gentlemen we have an exciting match for you today! We have Uzziel and Regulus from Team LUNR! Facing off against Arrietty and Roy from Team ARAM!" He announced.

Ruby and her team were looking for seats when they saw Team ARAM and Team LUNR sitting together. Yang walked over to Lance who was sitting down watching and sat next to him.

"I thought you were going to be in the Double Battle." She said as she looked back at the stage. Arrossire crossed his arms and nodded "We thought the same thing too but this evil doer changed on us in the last minute." He shunned the rivaling team.

Lance put a hand on his forehead and shook his head "Man, you really need to get with the times and stop talking like that. We changed our strategy to suit us better, I don't see how that makes us evil."

"Oh? And what strategy did you guys come up with?" Blake asked.

Lance smirked as he continued to watch on "You're about to find out now." He responded.

Arrossire growled at his response "I should show you true justice!"

"Arro!"

Arrossire looked to his right to see Midori looking at him "They are not wrong for fixing their strategy." She scolded which made him pout.

As Roy and Arrietty stood across from Regulus and Uzziel, Arrietty smirked as she put a hand on her hips looking over at Regulus "I thought I'd see Lance here but they brought you out instead." She said.

"You sound disappointed," Regulus said with a serious look on his face.

"I mean you haven't shown me anything impressive," Arrietty stated.

Roy stood tall looking at Regulus "Either way we have to take you both down." He announced with confidence in his voice.

Uzziel smirked at this comment as he readied his weapon "We'll see about that." He responded.

"If both teams are ready, let the match begin!" Oobleck exclaimed.

As the match begun Roy unsheathed his sword and held it upwards with both hands. As his blade started to shine brightly he brought it down and slammed it on the ground releasing a powerful energy wave towards Regulus and Uzziel who jumped away from it.

"We'll go with that one plan!" Regulus called out.

"Got it!" Uzziel responded.

Arrietty smirked as she ran after Uzziel, she pulled out her weapon Rōzu. She spun around and swung her double-bladed Glaive with both hands. Uzziel dodged each strike as she kept up the attack.

Uzziel quickly used his Tonfa to block her glaive and then pressed off the ground to drop kick her in the chest.

As she stumbled backward she quickly transformed her weapon into a double barrel shotgun.

When Uzziel connected the kick into her chest he pressed off of her and back flipped in the air and landed on the ground.

Arrietty aimed her shotgun at Uzziel and fired two shots. Uzziel quickly blocked the shots with his Tonfas.

The crowd cheered loudly at the display. Uzziel quickly dashed at Arrietty as she transformed her weapon back into a glaive.

The two swung at one another making their weapons collide "Just as I thought, you're a tough opponent Uzziel." She said.