Chapter 38: The Beginning Of Terror

(FLASHBACK)

Bayne was in the Atlas Military Base where everybody in the building was in shock, panic or in disarray. Bayne had brought Aion to the Interrogation room which is heavily guarded by Atlas soldiers, where Aion's laughter was heard.

Bayne slams his hands on the table as he looked at Aion. The man had a pointed, pale face with two golden-colored, downturned eyes, and full but thin eyebrows. His hair slicked back, hair from the lobe of the ear is a pale yellow that fades into the white at the bottom section.

He wears a mustard yellow form-fitting suit similar to a men's jumpsuit with faint violet, tribal decals. There is a hood on the suit. For shoes, he wears white combat boots.

"The nuke, where'd you get it?" Bayne asked in an angry voice.

"Why, you want one? Copycat!" Aion jeered.

Suddenly, the wall behind him burst open as Kall flies in anger. At this point in time, Kall was wearing different attire. He wore a long red jacket with a hood that reaches down to his calves, a gray sweater with a black collar with the sleeves rolled up to the elbows, and red gloves. He also has on baggy black cargo jeans with gray boots and red straps and highlights, complete with a belt at his hip with a white rose buckle. "Get away from him," Kall ordered as he toss the table aside and grabs Aion by the neck.

"Hey Kall, how's your wife?" Aion asked as he laughed. Kall furiously raises his fist at him.

"Kall, don't!" Bayne exclaimed.

This causes Kall to punch on the wall next to Aion's head instead. "How could you? You...you killed my..." Kall trailed off as he looked at the ground

Aion smiled and put a hand on Kall's shoulder "Heh. That's why I like you, Supreme. You're much more gullible than..." Aion looks at Bayne mocking him. Kall tosses him across the room and growls.

"You think you can have a family. That locking me up will magically reform me. And they'll be safe. So big, yet so dumb." Aion mocked. He then takes the chair on the floor and sits down. "Now run along so I can break out of here. I've got lots of planning to do to top this." He added as he holds his hands up. This reaches Kall's breaking point as he lifts Aion up by his neck from his chair.

"That's enough!" Bayne ordered as he walked over to Kall but Kall pushes him aside as Aion realizes what's coming.

"I know it's soon but...think you'll ever love again? Maybe you won't let your next family die." Aion said as he was slightly having trouble breathing through Kall's grip.

Kall had enough and thrust his hand into his chest while Aion's screams in pain as his heart is quickly ripped out and instantly killing him. Bayne watched in horror as there was nothing he could do to stop Kall.

(END OF FLASHBACK)

"He killed him..." Regulus said as he was shocked by the story.

Ozpin nodded "I remember when you reported that to me. I tried contacting him after, but he wouldn't respond." He said.

Bayne nodded at him and then looked at the children in front of him "In my years of fighting crime, I've learned one truth...that every villain is the hero of his own story. Kall was no exception. Aion killed his pregnant wife, Alice and mocked him about it. So when Kall killed Aion, I understood why. We all did." Bayne paused as he looked at Jarvin and the others.

"But once that line is crossed, there was no going back. He gave himself and The Regime a new mandate: 'stop all crime before it happened, by any means necessary.' But he couldn't see his good intentions were leading him down a path of tyranny and evil. THAT's how our greatest hero... became our greatest threat." He said as he thought of another event that happened in his life.