Chapter 29: Havoc

Ryder could be seen walking down a candle lit hallway with his head down and his hands in his pockets. He was not in a good mood and anyone around him could see it. Images of Neo and Roman rolled through his head as he traversed the hall. He stopped in his tracks hearing voices coming from further down the hall.

"Are you seriously crying over your little friends? Friends aren't necessary, all they do is slow you down."

Ryder gritted his teeth as he heard those words and knew exactly who was speaking. He quickly ran down the hall only to see Damien standing across from Senka who looked upset. Damien had a look of disapproval painted across his face. "You better watch your mouth kid! If you keep disrespecting Neo and Torchwick, I'll make you regret it." She hissed, glaring at him.

The boy closed his eyes and shook his head, putting his hands in his pockets. "I honestly don't get it. Why do you care about them so much? They were weak." He said bluntly as he opened his eyes.

Senka growled and took a step forward until she felt a hand touch her shoulder. She looked over to see Ryder who kept his eyes fixed on Damien. "Calm down Senka. Don't let him get under your skin. He's just upset because he's being pretty useless right now." Ryder said.

Damien didn't say anything instead he just kept his eyes on Ryder. "Let me tell you this kid. I don't have a problem with you, but the next time you disrespect my friends, I'll make you regret it." Ryder warned him.

Damien smirked and grabbed the hilt of his sword "I welcome the challenge, but you should know that you don't stand a chance against me. How about I show you? Here and now." Damien stated in a cocky tone.

"That's enough Damien."

The three of them turned around to see Terror walking towards them. As he got closer he looked at Damien and gave him a disappointed glare. "Didn't Salem just warn you about stepping out of line? If you keep this up, I'm not going to be able to save you from whatever punishment she decides to give you. Besides that you were ordered to go to your chambers, now go." Terror said.

Damien's gritted his teeth and turned his body around so he could get a good look at Terror "But Sir-"

His words were cut short as he noticed the deathly piercing stare coming from Terror. Damien was tough but he knew he didn't stand a chance against Terror or Salem. He growled and did as he was told which earned him a smirk from Senka.

As he left the halls Terror looked at Ryder and Senka and gave them a sympathetic look "I'm sorry for his outburst. The child is a great fighter but his attitude is horrible. I know that you both are worried and wondering what happened to Torchwick and Neo." Terror addressed sternly.

Senka nodded to him and sighed, "We haven't heard anything from Torchwick. He's not answering his communicator and Neo never needed one because she can't speak." She stated.

"Besides that, Cinder doesn't even seem to care that they're missing. She worked him like a dog and had him do her dirty work. Now he's missing and it's not even bothering her." Ryder said

"I know that the four of you are close friends, but you have to understand that it was strictly business between Roman and Cinder. He was simply her tool, and if he was dead it wouldn't bother her, because she doesn't particularly seem fond of him." Terror replied. He knew what it meant to care for another, so the pain they felt was understandable. Then a moment later, an idea popped in his head.

"I know that you two will not be able to focus until you get to the bottom of this situation, so I'll suggest this. Seeing as we have everything going according to plan, we have a little free time on our hands. So I'm going to send you both out on a small adventure to find clues on their whereabouts. Once you find either of them, contact me and we'll have you transported here." He said.