Chapter 6: Information Is Key

The class was in session in Beacon academy as Glynda began teaching a lesson. Everyone watched as she walked back and forth talking about the value of strategy in combat. She stopped pacing and looked out to the students. "Okay, today we'll be having three sparring matches. Both fighters will fight until one fighters aura gauge is low. The first fight will be Lai Ren vs Uzziel Mikoshi." She announced.

Everyone was shocked by her choice of fighters. Nora looked at Ren who was now standing up "Go get him, Ren!" Nora cheered.

Weiss looked at Uzziel who was sitting next to her "Looks like you're up, good luck." She said with a smile. Uzziel smiled in return, giving his confidence a jolt and stepped forward.

The two walked down and then stood in front of Glynda. They then turned to look at one another "Let's give it our all and have a good match, Ren!" Uzziel stated with pride.

Ren smiled and nodded "Good luck Uzziel," Ren said kindly.

Uzziel nodded at him "Same to you" he replied as he prepared himself.

Everyone was waiting for the match to start as it brought interest to them all. "Oh boy this is gonna be great!" Nolo exclaimed.

"Indeed. It's most likely going to be a fast pace battle." Lance responded from his position in-between Blake and Yang. "Who do you think is going to win?" Blake asked as she placed her hands on the desk and leaned forward focusing on the two fighters.

Yang crossed her arms, also keeping her eyes on the two. " Well from what I saw when I faced him; Uzziel specializes in close combat and his aura is very dangerous. His weapon is nothing to overlook either, those tonfa will cut you down if you're not careful. But Ren is no weakling either and his weapon is just as dangerous. But I have to go with Uzziel for this one." She explained.

Uzziel and Ren stood across from each other preparing themselves for battle. Glynda looked at the two fighters "If you're both ready, you may begin!" She called out.

Both Ren and Uzziel quickly pulled out their weapons and ran towards each other. Once close enough the two swung their weapons in a slashing motion and made their blades collide. The two had a short struggle with strength trying to overpower the other.

Ren and Uzziel continuously slammed their weapons together which made a loud sound that echoed through the room. A second later the two jumped back and Ren aimed his guns at Uzziel.

Uzziel quickly took a dash to avoid the barrage while Ren was now using his guns and shooting rapidly at Uzziel's retreat. Uzziel jumped left and right dodging the bullets, getting closer and closer to Ren. He shot two shots of Ice dust at Ren's feet, which froze Ren in his tracks. Uzziel then ran at full speed and delivered a hard punch that broke the ice on Ren's feet and sent him flying backward.

Ren landed on the ground but quickly pressed off the ground and kicked himself back up to his feet. Uzziel stood ready as Ren started to charge forward. He quickly started to swing his weapons at Uzziel trying to cut him with the blades but Uzziel dodged each swing. A moment later Uzziel blocked the assault again with his tonfa, which would make their weapons collide. The two struggled once again, trying to outstand the collision with all their might.

The struggle between the two made their weapons fly into the air. Without any hesitation, the two started to fight hand to hand swinging at one another and dodging each other blows at a breaking pace.

Ren then threw two kicks at Uzziel's stomach but Uzziel dodged them both by stepping back then came back in with two quick jabs that connected with Ren's face.

Ren gritted his teeth in slight frustration and swung his fist at Uzziel but Uzziel quickly grabbed his arm and took Ren down to the ground. He then caught his weapon that was now falling back down to the ground and aimed it at Ren who's weapons were now on the ground.