Chapter 24: Confrontation

The wind blew gently through Jarvan's hair as he was currently on the ground doing push-ups while his attention was on Miyabi, Lance, and Uzziel. Miyabi stood in front of Uzziel and Lance who looked a little shocked by her seriousness and meaning what she said about killing them if they weren't serious. Miyabi noticed this and gave them a sharp glare as she growled "If you're just going to stand there shaking like cowards! Then I'll make the first move!" She exclaimed charging at them. Uzziel and Lance readied themselves as she was beginning to close in.

Before they could react, Miyabi's movements started to become faster as if she was flickering towards them. She punched Lance in the face before he could react which sent him stumbling back. Uzziel noticed this and quickly tried to swing at her which she only tilted herself slightly to the left and dodging his attack, spinning around quickly, and kicking him in the stomach.

The impact caused Uzziel to lean forward which made her quickly grab his head and knee him in the face to his body straighten up. She then stepped to the side as Lance was coming from behind her with black lightning twisting around his body and purple glowing veins appearing around his arm. As he threw his punched and missed her as she stepped to the side, he accidentally hit Uzziel in the chest. Unfortunately for Uzziel, Lance had activated his semblance to increase his strength. The punch hit hard and sent Uzziel flying backward in the air.

Miyabi quickly grabbed Lance's wrist and lifted her left leg up and kicked him in the chin. She followed up with a series of kicks to the stomach before spinning around a kick him hard enough to send him to the ground. She looked left and then right as both Uzziel and Lance started to stand up. "Is that all you got? I'm truly disappointed in the both of you. I thought you two would impress me but so far all I'm seeing is a bunch of failures! You wanna help us? Don't make me laugh." She said with a serious look on her face.

Jarvin who was still doing pushups looked upward to see what was going on and smirked. "Uh oh, momma Miyabi's scolding you guys." Jarvin teased with a chuckle.

"Shut it! I'm being serious here. Months of training and this is all you have to show." She scolded once more.

Uzziel and Lance smirked and took off their coats revealing their T-shirts. "You're so sure of yourself Ms. Miyabi," Lance said as he started to reach for his sword.

"If you think that's all we had then you underestimate us," Uzziel added to the statement as he reached for his weapons and readied himself. He then made a look at Lance who nodded back at him.

"We just wanted to make sure you're old age wasn't getting to you!" Lance announced which ticked Miyabi off as you could see an angry vein pop on the left side of her head. "Old?" She asked in an icy tone.

"If you think the things you taught us these past months were for nothing, then you're wrong," Uzziel stated as he gave Miyabi a serious look.

Miyabi looked at them both and then closed her eyes for a moment as she held up her right hand. Her gauntlet extended out a blade turning it into a gauntlet sword. "If you're telling me, you're finally going to get serious then bring it on." She ordered.

Lance tilted his sword as he held it with both his hands and dashed forward towards her. As he swung his sword, Miyabi blocked it with her own. The two gritted their teeth while they were now fighting in a power struggle clashing their blades. Lance used a small portion of his semblance to boost his strength. Miyabi was pushed back by Lance and sent flying backward a foot. Uzziel quickly transformed his weapons into guns and shot two fire dust bullets at Miyabi who quickly turned her body in mid-air and blocked the shots with her blade.

"That semblance of yours is getting really annoying!" Uzziel said as he continued to shoot at her. Miyabi landed on the ground and jumped to her left and then her right before dashing forward and slashing her blade at Uzziel, who backflipped out of the way.