Chapter 28 : Heart To Heart

Lance found himself in a long hall made of stone and bricks lined with columns. The walls feature a geometrical pattern and red banners with the White Fang symbol hanging from the columns. The floor has a red carpet that leads the length of the hall to a simple, elevated throne. The walls of the hall are lined with niches containing statues of a mysterious cloaked Faunus wielding a spear.

In front of him sitting on the throne were a tiger-based Faunus with orange eyes, dark complexion and wild black, chin-length hair with an asymmetrical bob style. Her Faunus trait manifested as an extra pair of ears, and her body was adorned with numerous tattoos resembling tiger stripes. She wore four golden earrings on three of her ears, one each on her Human ears, and two on her left Faunus ear as well as a small jewel on her forehead.

She was seen wearing a form-fitting black dress with light green accents on the rims of the outfit; the dress left most of her back open, had two long splits on the side which revealed a pair of black shorts, a shorter split in the front and a small squared keyhole. Over the dress, she wore a back-revealing red cape with gold accents, as well as a green waist cincher with red rims that had a black belt over it, which fastened a green pouch on her right hip. Aside from that, she wore black stockings in conjunction with green sandals that had red laces which were tied to her calves, as well as a black elbow-length fingerless glove on her right hand.

"I'm going to ask you this once Lance, and I hope for your sake I hear the right answer. Are you planning to leave the White Fang?" She asked with a stern tone.

Lance looked at her and nodded as he stood his ground. "Yes, Sienna I've decided to resign from my position and leave the White Fang." He replied

The room went silent as it was just Lance and Sienna that was present. "You and Adam are my strongest fighters. The White Fang members look up to the two of you, Lance they need you here to support them." She explained, hoping to get through to him.

Lance closed his eyes and shook his head which made her raise an eyebrow. "The White Fang has become something I don't want to be apart of. Wanting equal rights is one thing. But murdering people just because you can is another." He said.

"What are you getting at?" Sienna asked as she rested her chin on her left hand.

"The White Fang was founded as a symbol of peace and unity between the Faunus and Humans. When mankind continued to discriminate against us, Initially, our activities consisted of nonviolent political protests with such tactics as mass rallies and boycotts of organizations that discriminated against Faunus in any way... that's when Ghira was the leader." He stated which made her narrow her eyes at him wondering what he was trying to say.

"But then you succeeded him as High leader and the White Fang began to adopt more and more radical methods. Now you're looking to instill fear into the humans to gain respect, but taking lives is not the right way to achieve that respect." He stated.

"Lance, you're making it seem like we're resorting to killing every chance we get. We only resort to that when we have no choice in the matter." She replied.

"Is that so? So what Adam did yesterday was justified as no choice? You sent us on a simple recon mission and when we encountered humans he murdered them with no hesitation." Sienna's expression turned to a disapproving look as she heard the anger in Lance's tone.

"It's true that Adam might've gone a bit too far. But he's making sure the Fanus are safe. He might've felt threatened." She said.

"Those people meant no harm, and if he came here and told you they were, then you're being lied to!" Lance exclaimed, which now put Sienna in a bad mood.