Chapter Three

"Fracking Zombies"
☆☆

𝚃𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚊𝚗 𝚉𝚎𝚎 𝙱𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚐𝚎

𝚃𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚊𝚗 𝚉𝚎𝚎 𝙱𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚐𝚎

Delilah scrunched her nose as the cars crossed a bridge, z's were swarming the place, likely being the people who the cars belonged to. But she sat with her head against the back of the trucks window next to 10k as they looked at what humanity was turned into.

The last car that had Doc, cassandra, 10k and Delilah in all laughed a little as they heard Warren and Garnett bicker over her driving, how Warren was driving over and through the z's, and Garnett was telling her to swerve, forgetting that the radio could be heard throughout both cars.

Everything seemed perfect until the two heard the car starting to cough up everything, Lilah and 10k started to choke on the smoke that was coming from the Doc's front wheel, standing up to get away from it the two looked at Warren as she hopped out the truck they had found a few hours prior.

"Well that was fun" Delilah smiled over at Warren who let out a small laugh "We're out of gas" Warren explained to everyone, before walking over to Doc's pick up. "All right! So it looks like you got a flat" Lilah said as 10k helped her out of the back of the truck, She smiled at the taller boy who smiled a little and looked away.

Lilah leant up against the side of the truck as Doc got out the tools to put the new tire on, everyone's weapons were loaded just incase and everyone was on the look out, like usual. Lilah frowned as she heard slight buzzing in the distance, looking over at the road they were all just on she looked at 10k who stood beside her against the truck, a few feet away.

"Heads up. We got company." Mack said as he got his gun out of his Jeans waist band, everyone had their guns out and clasped within their hands, some fully loaded and others barely loaded enough, Delilah had barely noticed how hers and 10k's bodies had slightly gotten closer, however she could feel the tense of his body when the warmth of her arm brushed against his own.

The buzzing got closer as two men on motorcycles drove by, their speed getting slower as they went, slow enough for them all to get a look at each other, Delilah turned to looked back at Cassandra, frowning as she saw the girl's back facing everyone and staring into the tree's just behind.

Tapping 10k's back softly Delilah walked back around and over to Addison as the two walked beside the front of hers and Macks truck.

"Did you see Cassandra just then? When those two guys came around?" She whispered as she looked at her sister, who turned to her in confusion "No what do you mean?"

"She turned away from them, like-like she knew or knows them, Addy I don't know about her" Delilah explained as Addy nodded "I get that, but are you sure it's not just because new boy over there keeps looking at her?" Addy smirked looking at 10k who was looking at Cassandra who stood looking down the road at where the men had gone.