chapter seven

"Full metal zombie"

"Full metal zombie"

𝙿𝙴𝙽𝙽𝚂𝚈𝙻𝚅𝙰𝙽𝙸𝙰,

𝙰𝙼𝙸𝚂𝙷 𝙲𝙾𝚄𝙽𝚃𝚁𝚈.

Delilah watched as 10k had shot two Amish zombies right through their rotted brains, the girl sitting beside him in the bed of the truck as she covered herself within his jacket that hid most of her bare body from back in Philly.

"Amish zombies, really? I mean really?" Addy said as she looked at the truck then back towards the field that had another pair of Amish walkers coming towards the group. "they tried to quarantine themselves from the rest of society. Keep the z's from spreading the infection." Garnett informed the group as Delilah nodded looking at the man as she played with the fallen strands of hair that had fallen from her tied up do.

"that was before we knew Romero had it right. We were all carrying the virus. Didn't matter who you were or how you died." Mack spoke as he played with some wires in the engine, the truck had started to leak meaning they wouldn't go far unless they got it to work again.

"Night of the living dead. Great movie, sucky reality." Delilah said as she moved over to the other side of the truck bed to be closer to Addy who smiled at the traumatized girl who hid her emotions away from them.

"you know what I don't get, if the z's didn't spread the virus,how did we all get infected?" Addy asked "And if you have the virus why haven't we turned instead of only turning when we die?" Delilah butted in making everyone look at her, the girl often came up with weird questions that made everyone think yet all Garnett could do to the girl was shrug "I'm not sure Lilah, but Addy the best guess I heard, it was spread by birds. Some kind of parasite piggybacked on the bird flu. Stays dormant 'till you die." Garnett spoke as he kept his gaze around the group for any dangers.

" You know.. take it from somebody who knows first hand. Other than the fact that they find brains delicious, when it comes to zombies, nobody knows nothin'. " Murphy spoke as Delilah poked at his skin on the back of his neck "Hey stop." He huffed as he walked away from the girl who laughed.

"My turn." The man said as Addy gave the man three tissue papers for him to go do his business in the field, however Murphy was not satisfied like most of the time as he knelt down a little to be a able to meet Addy's eyes "Have we just met?" He said as the girl gave him another piece of the toilet tissue before he walked off.

"Hey hurry up I want to get past DC before dark." Garnett sighed as the man just nodded walking away, "Do you think he will turn ?" Addy asked Warren and Garnett yet Delilah had zoned out and focused on doc and ten talking, "I'm telling you, they got nothing going on in there, no thought, no memories. No soul. Nothin'. " Doc spoke as Cassandra rolled her eyes jumping out of the truck as Delilah frowned at the girl shaking her head before turning back to Doc, resting her head on the palm of her hand as happily listening to the old man.