Chapter Fifteen

"Zunami"

𝚂𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝙽𝚎𝚋𝚛𝚊𝚜𝚔𝚊

Delilah layed not to far from Warren in the middle of an empty road, the group had become dehydrated over the few days they had been on the run to California, the air was humid as everyone tried to get even the smallest amount of water from their bottles, since the day at the shooting range, Delilah hadn't spoken much to anyone, some might call her ignorant and stupid for not doing it, yet the group understood, they would be mute too if they had gone what she had been through, the girl now layed in her dirty ripped jeans and her shirt and jacket as her hair was pulled up, she refused to touch her hair after what had happened to her and yet on top of all the sadness, she still didn't know where her sister was.

"I read once you could drink your own urine. But all I'm pissin' is dust." Doc groaned as Delilah rubbed her chapped lips, the girls head moved as she looked at Murphy who was walking around like he had a gallon of water sitting under his jacket "Water isn't gonna find you just sitting here." He said as Warren glared at him, "Why are you so freaking chipper?" She asked the man as he looked around his group, "I've been wondering that myself. Maybe it's cuz I conserve my precious bodily fluids. " He spoke as a loud rumble made everyone turn their attention to the road Infront of them.

"what is that?" 10k asked as his voice stayed low due to lack of water.

Delilah stood Infront of Murphy as she watched a massive flock of Z's in a dust cloud run towards them, she grabbed her dagger and bow as she ran to Cassandra pulling the girl up onto her feet, whilst also ensuring that Doc was on his feet too.

"Goddamn guys just won't quit" Warren mumbled as sweat dropped down her face, "I suggest we run for it." Murphy said as he began to run yet stopping when he heard no one else, he turned as he looked at the group that were all too tired to walk let alone run from the walkers, "Come on people pick it up!" He yelled as he jogged on the spot, Warren shook her head as Delilah wiped her hand against her head, "We can't, we're too dehydrated." Warren mumbled as the man helped her up, Delilah looked over at 10k, walking over to the boy she held her hand out for him, helping the raven haired boy up as he grabbed his sniper and pulled the girl with him.

The group ran into an old morgue as another survivor ran in behind them leaving the other to get bitten quickly, the door slammed shut as z's piled against it, the muffled growls shook Delilah, her head spinning as she had flashbacks of when she was under one, "Delilah, you're okay." 10k shook the girl gently as he pulled her into his chest, he kissed her head gently as he held her close.

"I've got you." He repeated to the girl as her breathing slowed, her hand grasped his shirt as she looked up at him as he knelt over her, her lips turned slightly at the corners as did the boys as he watched her "I've got you." He mumbled once again as he bought the girl into a hug.