Chapter Twenty.

"Sisters of mercy."

"Ten o'clock." 10k spoke as he tapped the top of the car's roof, coming up through the sun roof Delilah stood beside the boy who pointed at a young child they saw walking on the side of the road.

"Another kid." Doc spoke as the group saw a running pattern on kids being scattered across the deserted highway.

"Stop. Warren, stop. It's just a boy. Stop. " Addy spoke in distress as she got out walking towards it with her spiked bat, holding it up the younger Carver sister waited for the impact on the dead sound, yet she didn't hear it, looking over at the girl, Delilah yelled her name as the z got closer, snapping Addy out of her episode the female jumped smashing the z in the head.

Jumping back into the car Delilah sighed as she played with the necklace wrapped around her neck, "Hey I've only just noticed that, it's pretty." 10k spoke looking at the girls necklace, Delilah smiled as she looked down at it, "My younger brother made it for me, the day of my birthday, the same day this shit show started. " She spoke sadly, remembering the blonde curly haired boy who she cared for so much, who had died in her basement just like her mother.

"Do you think that's why Addy stopped before giving mercy on that boy? Because she thought of your brother?" 10k asked as the girl sighed scratching her head, "Maybe ." She mumbled as she looked out on the view that surrounded them, the clouds were pink with an orange twinge, yet the sky was blue.

"Heads up, we've got a live one." Deli said as she knelt down into the car holding onto 10k's leg for balance as Warren nodded, "I've got my eyes on it." She spoke as Delilah stood back up 10k's arm instantly wrapping around the girls waist again as she stood.

"Another sad kid in a weird flowered shirt." Delilah said as 10k squeezed her side causing a small laugh to leave their chapped lips.

Leaning back against the car, the youngest pair of the group watched from the sun roof of the car as Warren stepped out of the vehicle, her machete going back into its holster as she stood In front of the boy.

"Hey, whoa. You okay?" She asked the boy as the two came to a stop, "Of course. Hold on." she spoke gently walking back to the car as she grabbed the water bottle from Murphy's hands.

After a small quiet talk the group saw the boy starting to walk away as Roberta followed "Uh, wait, wait, Sam. You're right. You are old enough to go see your dad. But here's the thing. We've run out of food. Can you help us?" Warren asked the boy who stood looking at the vehicle.

"My friend Helen, could help you get some food. " He spoke as Delilah watched them, seeing no sign of any weapon on him, how would he survive? He wouldn't, just like those other boys.