Chapter Eighteen

"Going Nuclear"

"Going Nuclear"

"We have to stop here." Amelia spoke as she raised her arms slightly, Delilah gripped her cross bow whilst looking around, her eyes squinting from the sun. "We're still fifty yards away." Murphy said as he looked at the blonde confused, "10k check if you can see anything." Delilah said as 10k got onto his knees looking at the floor.

"My dad said that place was booby-trapped. I told you, Homers crazy. " Amelia spoke as the group looked around, their faces frowning from focusing.

"Hey, this is your kind of set-up. How do we get in?" Warren asked kneeling beside 10k, his teeth biting the inside of his cheek slightly as he focused on the pieces that were scattered along the floor.

"Without us getting killed. I do like go keep that in mind." Murphy said as Delilah nudged the man shaking her head "Shut up Murphy..please." she mumbled as the man let out a small grunt of a sigh.

"Uh, so one thing. Homers set-up is aimed at stopping z's, not a team. So if we keep a sharp eye out for landmines, trip wires... we'll be fine." The boy said looking at Warren who smiled at the boy before standing up, "Okay, The three of you guys, stay here. Give us a forty second headstart. We'll flank him and come up from behind. " Roberta spoke softly as she, 10k and Amelia all walked away, leaving Delilah, Doc, Cassandra and Murphy back at the start.

"okay, watch for landmines." Doc said as he moved the wired fence, "After you." Delilah smiled as she walked behind Murphy, her head trying to catch up with everything that was going on in the matter of seconds they had taken, they walked slowly around the tampered garden as Delilah found her way standing beside Doc as they made it to the man's porch.

Counting to three quietly, Doc turned the corner of the home being sent back instantly as he flew to the ground, Delilah pushed her dagger against the man's neck as he pushed his shot gun barrel to her head making her stop instantly. "Cassandra, check on doc." She mumbled as her eyes met Homers, his gaze furious as he looked at the four.

"You have three seconds to tell me what you're doing here." The man said counting down, his gun not leaving the girls head as he got down to three, barely having enough time to pull the trigger as 10k put a blade to his neck "Don't do that, sir." He said to the man, his gun faltering from Delilah's head as Warren and Amelia pointed their guns at him.

"Go ahead. Do me a solid. Just don't leave me a z." Homer said as he stood against Tommy, the boys eyes staring at the man as he shook his head slightly "I'd never do that you Mr.Stubbins." he spoke softly to the man. Delilah frowned in sadness "We wouldn't do anything if it wasn't necessary, Sir." She mumbled to the man as Warren took the gun from his hand.