chapter twenty nine

"White light, part two

"White light, part two."

Delilah kneeled beside 10k outside of the old abandoned hotel, the two sat with their guns in hands trying to get a good enough shot on the sniper, that was sitting in one of the windows above.

The two looked over to Doc who had crept into the hotel and found his way up to the room beside the snipers, he was going to take him down, letting them finally get inside of the hotel.

Watching as the man dissapeared behind the curtain Delilah tugged on the chain that kept the two together and pulled 10k along with her, running into the hotel with the boy beside her the two ran up the stairs, zombies were packed up around the place but none seemed to move, "Hey you hearing me again?" Delilah asked as 10k looked at her "It's getting better." He smiled as did the girl beside him.

The two walked along the long dark corridor of, what used to be a hotel, checking each room for anyone, "Hey stop." Delilah whispered as she put her hand against 10ks chest, peering around the corner into a room she gasped as Doc struggled to stay conscious, a man out for Murphy's bounty sat on-top of Doc strangling him, his legs kicked against the ground and his arms tried to push the man away.

But Delilah had already put a bullet through the man's head before her friend could die, and that was something she was happy about.

"Come here, old man." She smiled slightly and knelt beside Doc taking a handkerchief out of her pocket, using some water she had strapped to her side, she used the water from the bottle to get the handkerchief wet enough to clean the man, gently she wiped the blood from under his lip and the gash that was spread deeply against the side of his head.

"How you are alive amazes me." She said as the man laughed "I swear I had an outer body experience darlin' I was seeing myself." He said as 10k helped him up, the three smiled shaking their heads as they looked around the room for anything that they could keep.

"What's up guys?" Murphy said before running out of the room "Murphy!" Doc yelled, but the trio couldn't even make it out the door before Zs tried to get into the room, "10k, close the door!" Delilah yelled as she unclasped the chain from her waist, "Give us a break!" Doc yelled in frustration.

Running out from the room as the zombies seemed to leave the door, the trio ran from the room causing attention to turn to them once again, they barely had enough bullets to take down the many zs that were chasing after them, panting as they gasped for some sort of air for them to breathe they saw Warren and the stranger from earlier running towards them, "Move! Get down!" Roberta yelled as the three covered their heads and ducked down, moving to go behind the two who had started to shoot at the running z's.

"Follow us!" Roberta yelled as they stood back off, Delilah grunted as she held her chest "Lets go." She nodded running behind the four.

A piercing scream echoed through the building, stopping Delilah where she stood, "Li come in we need to go!" 10k yelled for her as he was half way up the second load of stairs, but Delilah was stuck in place "Addy?" She mumbled as she gripped her gun, another scream echoed from the other side of the building, but this time it was yelling for Mack.

"Addy!" Delilah yelled as she took off leaving the group "Delilah!" She heard 10k and Doc yell for her, turning around she shook her head, "Go find Murphy." She said to them giving them an anxious smile before turning and taking off towards the screams.

Running out from the building she heard her sisters screams, "Addy!" She yelled running towards her sister who struggled to open a locked door, "Mack's behind there, we need to get him!" Addy yelled for her sister as she looked around, Delilah nodded frantically as she kicked as the chains, "There must be something around here!" Addy yelled as she looked through an open window to a room.

"Mack we're here! We're coming to get you just hold on!" Delilah yelled as Addy ran back over with a pair of gardening scissors, "Move!" She yelled at her younger sister as she cut the chains.

"Just go!" Mack yelled, his screaming becoming frantic as the girls moved the chains away, "Please! I don't want you to see me turn!" He yelled out, panic set on Delilah's chest as she kicked at the door trying to get the second set of chains off, the scissors could open these, but Addy was hitting the bat against them, watching as they loosened "Keep going Addy!" Delilah yelled.

Flinging the door open silence settled amongst the three, the sisters eyes had met Mack's blue orbs, but they had been too late, zombies swarmed around him as they bit into his body, blood seeped from his mouth as he stared at the two girls that he had only cared about since the very beginning of hell.

"No!" Delilah yelled as she shot at the zombies heads, one by one they dropped but it was no use, her brother was dead whether she wanted him to be or not. "Please, no!" She screamed as she let out sobs of terror, her sister stood in silence as her eyes met her boyfriends, she couldn't move, like she was stuck in the moment, her eyes not leaving Mack's as he gave her a warm smile before closing his eyes.

"Kill me." He whispered looking at Delilah who's gun was pointing at the zombie who was still latched onto him.

But within seconds of his eyes closing they were back open as he thrashed around gasping and growling, his eyes were pure white as he grabbed around.

Delilah lifted her gun as she cried "Mack Thompson, I give you mercy." She whispered before a bullet lodged into his head killing him once again, but the last time.

Closing the door behind them Delilah and Addy ran "We need to find Warren." She said as Delilah nodded "I'm going to kill Murphy." Delilah muttered as Addy looked at her, "Hey listen to me, we can't kill him, I know this is hard right now, we just lost Mack but we can't kill him please." Addy said as she stood in front of Delilah holding her shoulders, leaning her forehead against he younger sisters she closed her eyes "I loved him, and I know you did too, and we won't ever forget him but we can't give up." Addy spoke calmly, her hand gripping Delilah's as she trembled.

Nodding Delilah wiped the tears from hers and her sisters face.

"I love you Addy."

"I love you too Avery."

____________________________
______________