Chapter twenty four

"Doctor of the dead."

sᴏᴍᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴇsᴛ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴄᴋɪᴇs

Delilah rubbed Cassandra's back as she vommited once again, making this the third time within the past seven minutes, not far behind the two girls Ten stood on watch yet Delilah could see everytime the woman puked, she would gag slightly at the noise.

"Feel better now?" Delilah asked as she moved Cassandra's hair away from her face, giving the woman a bottle of water, "Yeah, a little bit." She replied weakly, wiping her mouth, lifting Cassandra's arm around her shoulder Delilah gently tried to lift the woman up on her feet once again, "Oh no, no,no,no." She said quickly as Delilah placed her back down, moving Cassandra's head to look at Delilah the youngest of the group smiled lightly "Hey, we've got this, you have a small stomach bug nothing that won't pass okay? Me and you against the world right now." Delilah smiled to her friend who nodded as she stayed pale sipping on her water.

"Lets try yeah? One, two, three!" Delilah spoke as she managed to help Cassandra up into her feet helping her get over to the van as she slowly got inside.

Closing the door behind Tommy, Delilah sat beside Cassandra holding onto the frail women's hand as she rested her eyes, looking at 10k the girl nudged his shoe with hers, making him look up at her as she sent him a small smile.

"Well, Murphy. I think I'm going to miss your sorry ass." Doc spoke as Delilah leant her head against the box full of drugs that sat beside her. "I appreciate the sentiment." Murphy replied as Delilah looked down at Cassandra.

"We logged some miles together, brother. Starting to feel like a damn family. You know what I'm saying?" Doc smiled as Lilah looked over at Warren who winked at her, A family, she thought.

"Uh, I...I dunno if I've actually ever said this to anybody before but I, uh...I almost consider you a friend." Murphy said as he let out a small laugh.

"Yeah I don't envy you though man, I mean, hell, once we deliver you, all bets are off. They're gonna have more needles in you than the damn tomato in grandma's sewing basket." Doc spoke as the brunettes head snapped up to look at Doc in the drivers seat, pushing her hand over her face as she groaned to herself.

"No, they're...they're just gonna take my..-" Murphy was cut of as Doc let out a chuckle "Oh, trust me, they're gonna have some kind of tube or prod rammed in every spare orifice, or my name ain't Sally. You know that one time I had a catheter. Dude, you better hope they don't go that route. " Doc rambled on as Murphy looked at the man in horror "Doc." Warren said seeing Murphy's scared expression, "What?" He said quietly.

"How much further?" Warren spoke calmly "Uh, I dunno, 65 miles or so....anyway, I'm gonna miss you dude." Doc finished before wiping his face "What about you kid? What do you got planned?" He asked as 10k sat up, "uh, I don't know. Still got 6,998 to go. Might take a break for a while though, head up north, somewhere cold. The z's don't fare to well in the cold." Tommy spoke as Delilah watched him, he spoke playing with his slingshot, twirling it in his hands.