Chapter twenty eight

"White light"

"White light"

The group chased after Murphy, who had ran from the strip-club after a stranger had walked in pointing a gun at him, running up front with the 'undead' Cassandra, whilst Delilah and Addy ran behind the group making sure no one was following.

"Murphy!" Warren yelled as they watched the pair split, coming around the corner they came to an instant stop as a van full of armed men drove by, the guy they had met inside the strip club instantly shooting a bullet through their window, killing them all in minutes. Delilah knelt against a car shielding herself from the firing zone, peeping over the car once it had gone silent.

The man looked back at the group with a smirk on his face before he ran after Murphy who had tried to escape once again.

Delilah shuffled forward towards Roberta "Hey so listen, if you don't get with him, can I?" She smiled watching the strange man run from them, Roberta laughed and shook her head "Too old for you Lilah." She replied before standing up, Delilah looked at Addy with a sarcastic smile on her face, sure she thought the man was physically fit, but she had no attraction to him at all.

But her smile dropped instantly as the woman they had seen earlier driving the family car pulled up behind them, taking out her loaded shot-gun "Look out!" Delilah screamed, like a banshee in the lit night.

Getting up she pushed at her family's backs as they covered themselves, "Look out kid!" Doc yelled as Delilah frowned looking at 10k who had ran off behind a building, "I'm going to kill him." She huffed as Roberta shook her head, "No no it's a good thing he's gone, he's one of our best shooters he can take down anyone if he gets the right angle got it? Now the rest of you stick close, I want everyone alive at the end of this party." Warren said, her eyes shooting to Delilah.

"Time to go!" Roberta yelled as the group stood holding their guns close, Delilah had opted out of taking her bow, it was too big so she left it in the trailer they were in earlier, holding 10ks hand gun alone with daggers in her boots, strapped around her thigh, and tucked into her waist she had plenty to help others and herself.

They ran as quick as possible, their legs taking them as quick as they could, yet the loud explosion of the car they were just behind shook them, looking back at the car Delilah couldn't see who had done it, only the flames that lit the place up.

Delilah let out a yell of fear and frustration as she shot zombies through the head as they walked closer to 10k's barely conscious body, he had been laying there for god knows how long, his face dirty from the dust on the floor, and blood slowly ...

Delilah let out a yell of fear and frustration as she shot zombies through the head as they walked closer to 10k's barely conscious body, he had been laying there for god knows how long, his face dirty from the dust on the floor, and blood slowly began to dry up beside his ears and head.

Standing beside him she showed no mercy for anything that moved as she protected the boy, walking backwards as Doc grabbed the raven haired boy to his feet tugging him along to behind a barrier.

"Doc make sure he's okay, we can't stay here long!" Delilah yelled out as fresh zombies came running at them, putting bullets through their heads Delilah couldn't care less about if she was killing people who were breathing or not. She wanted them all gone, to protect the group.

For him.

"You scared the hell out of me kid." Doc spoke calmly to 10k who looked around shocked at what happened "Where am I?" He yelled, Delilah still stood in front of the car but she could hear him clearly from how loud he spoke, "The explosion must of done something to his ears, just comfort him!" She yelled as Mack pulled her behind the car, "You comfort him, me and Addy will be lookout." He said to the girl who nodded in appreciation.

Kneeling down Delilah smiled sadly at the boy who still looked around confused, "Li! What happened I can't hear anything?" He yelled as he gently tugged at Delilah's jacket, the girl nodded putting her hands on his face "Read my lips." She said pointing to her lips, his eyes took a moment before settling on her pink tinted lips that had specks of blood covered on them, "I'm not going to kiss you right now Delilah! We're in a bad situation!" He yelled as the group laughed from their positions.

Rolling her dark brown eyes Delilah shook her head pointing to her eyes them her lips "You got hit by an explosion, you'll be okay, just stay close to me." She said slowly for him to understand, but the look on his face showed her he hasn't understood a single thing, huffing she moved her hands and unclasped the chain from his pants hooking one side to her pants looping it through the belt holes, the two were now connected by a chain, "Stay close!" She yelled hoping that would be more clear to the boy, but he nodded in agreement, seeming quite happy that he was chained to the girl.

Looking at Warren she turned to the group "Listen we are sitting ducks right here, we're gonna have to split up into groups and keep moving. 10k, are you alright?" She asked as the boy looked at her lost "What?" He said frustratingly.

"I think he's deaf."