Chapter Seventeen

"Morning." Athens greets me the next morning as I enter our first period. Like usual, it's empty besides us. This school is weird.

I smile at her. "Good morning." I say, handing her a Starbucks cup.

"Did you get me Starbucks?" She asks, staring at the cup as if it were gold. "You're the real MVP."

I laugh. "No problem. How are you?" I ask.

"I'm good, besides the fact that you're going on a date with my brother." She says casually, sipping the coffee.

I laugh. "Only if he scores ten goals in a row, which is basically impossible. If I'd wanted to go on a date with him, I would've said yes. Trust me, I respect that you're his sister." I say.

Athens nods jokingly. "Let's hope your as good of a goalkeeper as you say you are. I don't need any sister in laws in my near future."

I gasp and slap her arm, acting offended. "You think so little of me!" I exclaim as the students start filing in.

"You have to come sit by us now." A voice says from behind me at lunch. I glance at Mary with an exasperated look, then I turn around and face the two morons.

"No thank you, Miles. I'm am just fine where I am." I reply nicely. Honestly, I am just too nice. Bow down to me peasants.

Miles shakes his head, along with Derek, who he has brought with him. "No can do. You're on the team, which means you sit with us. We are popular you know."

"I don't want to sit at your 'popular' table." I say, putting air quotations around popular. "You sit with scary people." I wince. I do not need drama from that Cara chick and her besties.

I want to live a long, drama free, teenager life while I have one. No need to be executed at such a young age, and judging by the death glares I'm getting, they disagree.

Athens scoffs from behind me. "Just go sit by them. These dweebs won't leave you alone until you do. You can sit with us tomorrow." She smiles. These guys are too kind for their own good.

I shake my head. "No." I decline, yet again. "I like where I am."

Derek huffs from behind. "You leave me no choice." He says, picking me up. I'm so startled, I can barely reach for the table before being slung over his shoulder. I'm glad I wore jeans today.

"Derek." I warn, scarily. "Put me down. People are staring." True to my word, the whole cafeteria watches Derek carry me across the room to the 'popular' table.

Before I could pull out his hair, piece by piece, he sets me down at the table.

"Hey! Welcome to our table!" Cameron grins from across me. I just pout as Miles sets down my lunch in front of me.

Cara scoots over the bench so she's sitting next to me. This can't be good, I think.

"I'm Cara." She introduces. Her voice was like I had imagined it. Airy and really really whiny. She scoots even closer so that she squishing get air out of my lungs.

"I'm Carson." I wheeze out.

She leans in. "I know, bitch! You better stay away from my boys. You have no idea how hard I worked to sit here, then you just waltz in and suddenly have all their attention. Their mine so back off!" She whispers harshly in my ear.

"All of them?" I joke. She only shoots me the deathliest glare and scoots back to her place next to Connor. Connor shoots me a look then goes back to his pizza and conversations with Luke.

I'm silent as Miles takes a seat in between Cara and I. I'm quite thankful to be honest.

"So," some girl draws out. "Who are you?" She says. I can tell she knows darn well who I am, but she just wants to annoy me or something.

I give her a smile. "I'm Carson. I'm new this year and on the soccer team." I remind her as if she didn't know.

"Oh!" She squeaks. "You're the 'manly' girl everyone's been talking about!" She says so fakely, that anyone listening could tell.

I smile brightly. "I am." I reply so done with this conversation. What's the point of having a famous uncle if you can't use him to your benefit in moments like this?

As lunch continues I can't help but try to ignore my surroundings. These preppy kids are totally tiring me out.

When the bell rings I cheer in relief. I flood out of the lunch room and push other people out of my way to get to Calculus.

========

Guess what time it is? That's right! It's soccer time.

I'm practically humming as I enter the locker room. That's when I notice the flock of girls.

I face palm. I totally forgot Cara and her cheerleading team change in here.

I pretend they're not there and find a locker as far away from them as I can in the tiny room. They've pretty much spread out so it's still pretty much right next to them.

I peel off my shirt and slip into a Manchester United jersey. Even if I'm not a fan of a club, someone will always end up buying me a jersey. I think I live in jerseys. I peel off my pants and pull on a pair of Nike compression shorts. When I finish, I grab my duffel and backpack and sling them over my shoulder.

"Did you see when she was shirtless?" Some girl says to Cara as I pass them.

"Yeah!" Cara says. "She totes needs to lose a few pounds."

I laugh out loud and look at them. With a blank face, I do an over exaggerated toe touch to poke fun at them.

"Go Team!" I shout as I exit the room.

I enter the field and feel at home. Who wouldn't? The field is pure green and has two perfectly white goals. The goals are my home. The whole field is my home.

I'm about to sniff the grass when I realize that that is extremely weird, and not okay. I sheepishly look around. Instead of being awkward, I join the guys who were standing around.

"Hey Cameron!" I call. I join him and Wesley who are in a heated debate.

"Carson, who do you think is a better player? Robben or Lewandowski?" Wes asks.

I think for a second. "Is that even a question? It's obviously Lweandowski!" I say. Cameron bursts into cheers and spins me in a circle.

"See? She has great taste!" He boasts at Wesley. "You are now my best friend!" He says.

"Hey!" Wes says. Then he pretends to wipe a tear away. "I thought we had something."

Cameron's face softens. "Of course we do Wes. I'm sorry. Come here bro." He says. They do a man hug then burst into laughter.

"That got intense." I comment. Then I spot coach and I become excited. Time for practice.

--------

Hey guys! Thanks for reading and please vote, comment, and share. I just want to let you know that I started a new fanfiction called Not Interested about Robert Lewandowski. So if you enjoy Bundesliga football, head on over there and give it a read. Thanks for continuing to read this book, it means a lot to me.

Stay extremely awesome!