Chapter Five

"Let's run three miles." I say. By now I'm pretty sure everyone is tired but I'm here to show them I mean business.

Coach blows his whistle. "You heard her. Go."

Everyone takes off for the track again. Just like last time I pass all the guys, who in their defense try to keep up. For a girl I am very strong. Having a legend of an uncle will give you the encouragement to do anything. Add his awesome family of a team who will be my lifelong friends and you get a girl who could take you down in basically any challenge.

I finish the three miles first with a time of 16 minutes and 4 seconds. I send out a quick telepathic message thanking Neymar for making me run every morning.

Shortly after the guys all show up. Along the way the guys that hadn't been on the skins team had all shed their shirts and were sweating so hard it was rolling down their bodies. To be fair I was no different. My forehead and body were sweaty, which the guys were obviously checking out. What can I say, I'm conditioned.

"I think that's it for today. Let's stretch while I go work out the list for my team in my office. I should have it done in twenty minutes. Derek lead stretches." Coach Leeper announces before walking back to his office. Everyone forms a circle and starts stretching.

A few guys send me glares. They all watch me as I smile happily at them. I don't even know why they are so grouchy. I came to prove I can be on the team and I did so, I think. Personally I think these tryouts went quickly.

"Just because your hot doesn't mean you'll make the team." Some dude across from the circle says, silencing the team.

I pull my hair out of my ponytail and splash a little bit of water on my face jokingly, as if to prove his point that I'm 'hot'. It's seriously getting hot out here though. Not Spain hot but pretty close.

"Hey, I'd just like to point out that a lot of us here are attractive here." My eyes land on the dude next to me. "Just look at yourselves, you can't be any less 'hotter' than me." I point out.

The guys continue to glare at me. "We're not girls though. You have boobs." Some guy points out.

I widen my eyes in mock surprise. "Do I really?" I look down at my chest covered in a black sports bra. "Wow these boobs do make me like a thousand times more attractive." I squeak mockingly. "I bet they also gave me the power to run faster than all of you." I add.

Before any of them can reply Coach Leeper comes running onto the field.

"I have the names of the people who will be on my varsity soccer team this year." He announces. "I am going to post it on the wall so you can read it. Thank you for trying out. I'll see the team tomorrow at the first official practice. Good job guys." He says. Coach Leeper then goes and posts the paper against the nearest school wall. Like a herd everyone goes running after it.

I pick up my bag and sling it over my shoulder. I hear groans coming from the herd and people start stalking away from the paper. They all stare at me with so much hatred in their eyes. I walk over to the paper and scan the list looking for my name.

Miles
Derek
Blah
blah
blah
Carson

He's gonna be in for a shock when he learns my last name is Messi, but yay! I made the team! I'm the goalie which makes me smile even harder. I take a quick picture on my phone to send to Uncle Leo later.

"Why are you taking a picture of that?" Some dude next to me asks as he scans his eyes over the list.

I shrug. "I'm sending it to my uncle." I say.

The guy send me a weird look. "That's just weird. What? Do you have some creepy crush or something?"

"No, but you probably do." I state. With that I jog out of the field and into the parking lot. I find my Jeep and toss my bag into the trunk and hop into the drivers seat.

I drive home singing old One Direction songs without a care. I'm actually pretty surprised. Coach really seemed like he didn't want me on the team. Soccer skills can change people.

I'm so happy I kiss my moms cheek the second I walk through the door. "I made the team!"

"That's awesome sweetie, but you should go shower." She says pinching her nose jokingly. I laugh. I probably smell so bad right now. I can feel the salty sweat drying.

With one last glance at my mom I launch up the stairs and to my room. I take a shower and put on a pair of baggy sweatpants and a tank top. With bounce in my step I head back downstairs.