Chapter Twelve

"Hey ma." I say as I enter the kitchen, where she sits typing something on her laptop.

Mom looks up and smiles at me. "Hey hon, how was school and practice?" She asks.

"Pretty good. My friend invited me to sleepover and at practice I scored two goals and assisted one during a scrimmage against a different team." I say, dropping into a seat next to her.

"That's great! You should go to that sleepover, and how did you score two goals if you're a goalkeeper?" She asks, curiously.

"Coach wanted to see how I played as a forward. The answer is, well." I say, laughing.

Mom grins at me. "That's my girl!" She pats my head. "Well you should go shower so you can get to that sleepover. What are the girls names?" She asks.

"Athens, Bella, and Mary. I met them yesterday and they're pretty cool. It's going to be at Athens place." I answer.

"Alright. Go take that shower then." She smiles. I nod and stand up and walk upstairs to my room.

The strip off all my clothes and step into the shower. Once I'm done I tie a towel around my hair and body. Since I'm going to a sleepover I don't need to get all dressed up, not that I do anyway.

In my closet I find a pair of baggy sweatpants that probably came from one of the guys. Now that I look at everything, I either stole a lot of the team's stuff or they gave me a ton. I have pairs of their sweatpants, jerseys, shirts, and random stuff like phone cases.

After I put on the sweatpants (that I think may or may not be Marc Bartra's) I find a muscle tank and slip that on. Once I'm done, I fill up a bag with clothes for tomorrow since I'm going to the team bonding thing straight after. I also stuff my laptop in there just in case.

Once I have everything gathered, I head back downstairs to the living room that my parents are sitting in.

"Hey dad." I greet, plopping down on the couch across from him and mom.

"Hey Carson. Mom told me you scored at a scrimmage today. That's pretty cool." He says, giving me a high five.

"Thanks." I smile. "How was work?" I ask.

Dad groans. "Those kids are big headed. They need to get it into their minds that there are people out there that are better. No matter how good you are, someone's better." Dad says. Dad then turns to me. "You wanna come to work with me on Monday? I can have you teach them what they need to learn." Dad asks.

"Yeah I can come. Sounds cool. I'm interested in seeing this stadium you work in." I say. "Well I better hit the road or they might start Mean Girls without me." I laugh.

"Alright sweetheart. See you later." Dad says.

Mom hugs me. "See you tomorrow. You have that team meeting thing don't you? So I'll see you in the evening. Be safe honey." She says.

"Bye!" I call as I head out to my jeep. I turn on my GPS and type in Athens address.

I listen to Green Day as I drive to her place. It takes me twenty minutes before I pull up to her house. It wasn't huge but it wasn't small. It was like the perfect size house for a family.

I park behind a SUV and step out of my jeep. I grab my backpack and head over to their front door. I ring the doorbell then turn my head to pull my phone out from the bottom of my bag.

"Hello?" A voice asks. I look up to see an attractive male face, maybe a year or two older than me.

"Oh hey!" I grin. Okay Carson, be cute. "Is Athens here?" I ask.