Chapter Fifteen

Yeah.
Zac Efron is my inspiration for West...
Enjoy :)
----------

"Y'all will be forgotten when we're done with you!" I trash talk. Connor backs me up by shouting, "Yeah!"

Coach West scoffs. "The only people who'll be forgotten is you." Man, got me good. Coming up with real original ideas. I'm mentally clapping. Cameron backs him up by yelling "Yeah!" the same way Connor had yelled it.

The game starts and Cameron instantly trips and falls face first into the sand. Everyone watching bursts into laughter. I notice people on the beach have joined to watch on the sidelines.

Coach takes the ball and makes a break for the goal, but is stopped by Coach West who sends the ball to Cameron. When Cameron comes running for our goal, I kick the ball between his legs and out to Coach West who manages to score.

Our team bursts into cheers. The game continues and we end up winning with a goal in the last thirty seconds.

"Yeah coach!" Connor says, slapping Coach's back. "Who knew?"

Coach laughs. "There's a lot you don't know about my soccer background, kid. Now, what did we win?" Coach asks. My man, we like free stuff.

"You won free ice cream." Coach West says. For a semi-pro player, he's pretty chill. I guess career ending injuries calm the soul.

All of us make a big scene of walking as a group to the ice cream parlor located on the beach. We enter and everyone orders. Once I have my cookie dough, we all walk back to where we were.

While Coach and West grill hotdogs and hamburgers, the team forms a circle on the edge of the beach.

"So," Nate says. "How's everyone's lives?"

"Nate, you saw all of us yesterday." I say. "I'm good I guess. A little tired maybe. Who knew Pretty Little Liars marathons till 3 a.m. make you tired?"

"I have no idea what Pretty Little Liars is, but any marathon is tiring. Tv or running. Their both rough." Connor whistles.

"My little sister watches Pretty Little Liars I think. Apparently she 'ships Ezria'. I have no idea what that means." Wes says.

"Me neither dude." Derek says, laying back in the sand. I take this instance to realize that none of these guys were wearing shirts. A weird time for me to realize. I think I focus way too much on soccer.

I sigh. "You guys are hopeless. Tell your sister I totally ship Ezria, and Spoby. I don't like Haleb though because their both not the brightest." I say to Wes. The guys only shake their heads to represent that they'll never remember this.

"What are your plans tonight?" Cameron asks Derek.

Derek shrugs. "I'm probably doing something with Cara. That chick's clingy, but has great-" I take this instant to tune them out. I don't need to know what Cara has.

I stand up and walk towards the ocean. I've never really liked the beach. I'm one of the few people that doesn't like it. I hate it because sand gets everywhere, and I usually forget something at it. I'm really forgetful so I usually lose my sunglasses or sunscreen at beaches.

"Are you getting in?" Miles asks, coming up from behind me. He swipes his hand threw his hair.

I shake my head. "Nah." I reply.

"Why not?" Miles asks playfully coming closer to me. As he's reaching out to grab me, I move and push him into the water. I giggle as a wave comes up and knocks him down as he's getting up. "Okay, you got me good." He laughs, his wet hair flopping onto his face.

"You were going to throw me in!" I defend myself, laughing. "I was not having any of that."

Miles shrugs as he stands up. "You totally deserve it now. Come here!" He yells playfully lunging for me.

I take off in a sprint in the other direction from him. There is no way I'm willing to get into that water. No way.

"Carson!" Miles teases from behind me. I continue to run with Miles on my heels. I make a turn and run straight for the team.

"Help!" I cry out dramatically. "Help me!"

"Get her!" Miles calls. I duck under his arms as he reaches for me.

I run and jump between Luke and Noah. "Elliot sandwich!" I call triumphantly. With these two bodyguards, I'm safe. I smirk at Miles who gets held back by Luke.

"Kids!" Leeper calls. "Dinner is served." He says. All of us grab a burger and sit down in a circle again. This time I shoot playful glares at Miles who only winks. The nerve of that guy.

I finish eating and lay back in the sand. "Hey Cameron?" I say.

"Yeah?" He responds. He was sitting next to me.

"What's your favorite color?" I ask seriously.

Cameron laughs then pretends to think like I just asked him what King Charles the Third's dog's middle name. "Green." He finally answers. "What about you?" He asks.

"Red." I finally decide. "It's the color of royalty." I joke. Cameron laughs at me then goes silent all of a sudden. "What is it-"

All of a second arms are under me and Miles picks me up bridal style.

"Miles! Put me down!" I yell.

Miles grins. "No thank you." He says. He spins me in a circle then starts skipping towards the water. How is he skipping? I weigh a lot and he's acting like I'm as light as a feather.

When he gets to the edge of the water I manage to get my feet on the ground and push against Miles to try to get away.

"Miles." I say seriously. "You put me in this water, and I will do things..." I trail off.

Then a thought pops into my mind. I'm pushing against him while he's pushing me forward. I quickly turn and Miles runs face first into the ocean. I laugh as he surfaces with a pout.

"I'm no longer going to try to get you in the water." He says, still pouting. He's soaked and the water pushes his hair down on his face.

"Good." I smirk, crossing my arms. I showed-

"But I will!" A voice says from behind me. The person picks me up and runs for the water. What the hell?

I cling to the muscular person. If I'm going in, they have to too. I wrap my arms around their broad shoulders and straddle the persons hips. I'm clinging on them like a koala.

The person laughs then falls back into the salty ocean. I hate when saltwater gets in my nose or eyes. It's just a really terrible feeling.

I let go and surface. When I come up I watch as Coach West surfaces. Coach West? Why does he have to be so hot? He winks at me and I feel butterflies swarm around my stomach.

"Do you want me to strangle you with my wet shirt?" I ask sweetly, pulling at the heavy fabric.

"No thanks." West grins cheekily. Then he swims back to shore without a look back. Did that just happen? My hot assistant coach threw me into water then winked at me. It's unnatural.

I swim back to shore, the butterflies slowly going away. I find him attractive, but is it necessary for butterflies? Calm down, Stomach.

When I get back, Wesley ruffles my hair. "Have fun, Sweetcheeks?" He asks. I roll my eyes and push him slightly.

"I'm heading out." Coach Leeper says, packing up his stuff.

"I'm with you." I say. "Bye guys." I wave to the rest of the guys.

"See you Monday." West says in his deep, sexy voice. Whether it was intentional or not, he's got me lightly blushing. I'm probably just being weird, so I ignore his dimples.

I wave as I walk back to my car and
hop in. I've had a weird day. I really need a nap.

-----------

Ten likes and I will post the next chapter!