Chapter Three

A girl grins and sits in the stool next to me. She has straight dark brown hair, tan skin, and hazel eyes that show she's joking around. I look at the clock to see its 7:56.

I shrug. "Eh." I comment. I send the text and turn off my phone, tucking it safely into my back pocket. "I'm Carson."

She laughs. "I'm Athens." Athens is wearing a plain black muscle tank, coral colored shorts, and white converse. "Nice to meet you. Are you a senior?" She asks.

"Nope. I'm a junior." I say. I watch as she looks at me.

"Me too. Not a lot of juniors are in the AP classes. I think we are the only ones in Chemistry actually." She says.

As I'm about to reply a bell goes off and people begin to pour into the class sliding into seats. More than several people look at me. Some guy even winked at me, but to be honest he wasn't cute or else I would've winked back.

"The males here love you. You're really pretty." Athens says, noticing the glances people threw my way.

"Thanks. You're really pretty too." I wasn't lying either.

Athens shrugs as a teacher comes in. Basically he introduces himself and passes out the textbooks and materials we'll need for the year.

The same thing happens for the rest of the day only the teachers got even stricter than the teacher before them.

I walk down the hallway towards the lunch room and feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around to see Athens.

"Hey, wanna come eat with my friends and I?" She asks.

"Sure, that sounds great." I say. I follow Athens towards the side of the cafeteria that's already crowded with people. We reach a table with two other girls and she plops down on the other side of them. I sit down next to her.

I smile at the girls. "Hi, I'm Carson." I introduce. Both of the girls smile at me both of them are blonde but you can tell they're smart.

The first one with green eyes introduces herself first. "I'm Bella." She introduces. She wears a Hollister t shirt and shorts with a plain pair of Toms.

"I'm Mary." Mary says. She has dirty blonde hair and blue eyes and is wearing shorts and a flowy tank top.

I smile. "Nice to meet you guys." I say. "Have you guys lived here all your lives?" I ask.

They all nod. "Yep. Been besties since kindergarten. We used to be friends with Cara too but now she's the top bitch. She's over there with the popular crew, aka basically the soccer team." Athens says bitterly. She points toward a table in the middle of the cafeteria where a bunch of attractive guys sit with a few girls scattered around the table flirting. The girl Cara definitely looks like the leader. Whenever anyone looks at this one dude she basically glares them to death.

"That sucks. I've never really had any real friends my age now that I think about it. I move a lot thanks to my dad's job." I say. They all nod in unison again.

"What's your dad's job?" Mary asks.

"He's a soccer coach." I state, taking a bite of my sandwhich.

They stare at me. "He coaches soccer?" Bella asks.

I nod. "Yeah. Why?" I ask them.

"Oh it's nothing. Soccer here is just super elite and hard to get into. The team has basically been picked since freshman year. Where does your dad coach?" Athens asks.

"He coaches the UCLA team now." I state.

Bella drops her salad fork, Mary spits out her water, and Athens stares at me with her mouth completely open. "He what! That's crazy! The guys here live to go to UCLA!" Athens says loudly. It's just loud enough for nearby tables to send us a glance.

"Speaking of soccer, when's the soccer tryouts? Do you know when?" I ask.

Mary looks at me. "There is no girl team." She says. She watches me carefully almost knowing exactly what I'm gonna say next. They don't have a girl team because the school only wants to fund the male soccer team and cheerleading team. That's what my dad told me anyway.

"Bummer." I say. "Guess I'll have to tryout for the boy's team." I say. This time they just shake their heads at me.

"Girl you are crazy." Athens mutters as the bell rings.

The rest of my classes flash by quickly and the bell rings signaling the end of the day. I say goodbye to Athens, Mary, and Bella before heading to the locker rooms Mary showed me before she left. As I enter the locker rooms I see girls all changing into sports bras. I guess cheerleading is having tryouts as well.

I ignore the stares and I head over to a corner and change into my Messi Argentina jersey, soffee shorts, shin guards, socks, and cleats. Girls eye me as I walk past them and out onto the huge soccer field that's already filling up with David Beckham wannabes.

--------------------------
Thank you to anyone who's read so far. It means a lot to me to have someone actually reading what I write. Please vote and comment if you enjoy and my next chapter will be published a bit sooner.

Thank you!