Chapter Six

I plop down on the couch next to my mom who's watching American Horror Story. I have a weird mom, but I love her.

She turns to look at me. "What are you wearing?" She asks.

I look down. "Sweats?" I question. I quirk an eyebrow at her.

"Carson, go get dressed. Our neighbors are coming over for dinner. They have a son your age. We met them last week." She commands. When she sees me lay back on the couch lazily she raises her eyebrows. "Now."

"Ugh. Fine but only because your making me." I kiss her head as I pass the couch on my way back upstairs.

I reach my room and sigh. No matter what I am going to love this room. It's honestly the prettiest room I've ever seen. It's totally Tumblr worthy.

I head into my closet and pull on a pair of normal light wash shorts. Then I pull on one of Neymar Jr.'s old FC Barcelona jerseys. You would not believe how many extra jerseys each of them have. Whenever one gets stained they get a new one. Usually I get the stained ones, but I love those jerseys because they show character and they smell like the guys and their fancy cologne. Finally I go back into my bathroom and blow dry my wet hair so it doesn't soak my shirt.

When I'm done I spot Hershey. "Hey Hershey." I say. "Wanna go on a walk?" I ask. Hershey immediately perks up and starts getting hyper. Hershey starts jumping and stepping on my feet, which I don't appreciate. The perks of having a chocolate lab.

I slip on a pair of socks and slides and head out my door. Hershey follows me still waggling his tail wildly.

I slip his leash on him. "Mom! I'm taking Hershey out. I'll be home in like ten minutes!" I call.

"Okay sweetie. As long as your back by six. That's when the Marshall's will get here." She says. I send a quick 'bye' and head out the door.

Hershey immediately starts pulling me all over the neighborhood. I laugh as he intently sniffs a patch of grass for at least three minutes. I really missed Hershey and my family while I was in Spain. Now I miss the guys though. We should totally have them for the holidays. I think they'd like California. The weather is a lot like Spain's.

"C'mon Hersh, I think we better start heading back." I say. Hershey's ears flop as he turns back around ready to head back. As we walk I notice you can see the coast from the sidewalk. I probably should have noticed earlier considering the backyard of our house is the beach. I need to go surfing soon.

Finally the house comes back into view. As I reach the front door I unhook Hershey. He pants as we enter the house.

"Mom! We're home!" I announce, rounding the corner and entering the kitchen. Mom smiles at me while she stirs something on the stove.

"Great. Perfect timing. Can you wash your hands and set the table?" She asks. I nod and wash my hands before heading over to a cabinet and grabbing some plates.

"How many plates?" I ask.

"Six." Mom answers as she checks something in the oven. I nod my head and set the table quickly, not forgetting to fold the napkins in a specific way my mom likes.

"Hey sweetie. How was your first day of school?" Dad asks as he enters the dining room in some casual clothing.

I smile at him. "Good. I made the soccer team."

"That's my girl! I bet you showed them boys up." He says, patting my head in a proud way. "I bet they didn't like that. I mean you should see the boys I coach, if a girl even sets a foot on the grass it will probably never be seen again. I bet Leo will be proud. Have you told him yet?" Dad asks.

'And I was like baby, baby, baby ohhhh' the chorus of Justin Bieber's Baby blares out of my phone, indicating a phone call. The guys had actually set that as my ringtone. They'd never heard it until I played it for them at the beginning of the summer. Since then they'd burst out randomly singing it and everyone would join in.

"Speak of the soccer player." I say to dad. Then I pick up the phone. "Hola Uncle Leo!" I say.

"Hey Carson! Your being good right?" Uncle Leo asks. I swear he acts like my dad, even though he has a son.

"Of course!" I scoff. "The real question is, are you being good." I state.

I hear laughter from several different people. "Am I on speaker phone?" I ask.

"Yep." I hear Suarez answer. "Now tell us how your first day of school was!" He demands.

"Chill." I start. "It was okay. People stared at me. Oh and I made the boys soccer team of jerks!" I announce happily. I do a little happy dance.

I hear them all cheer. "That's my girl. Anyway we should probably go. We have a game against Madrid tomorrow and we need to get rest or else coach is going to kill us. It's already 3 am here but we wanted to here how your day was." Uncle Leo says.

"Aw you guys didn't have to do that. Anyway, you tell Mr. Ronaldo I said hi. I'll talk to you tomorrow. Good luck!" I say. I turn to spot mom and the neighbors watching me curiously. When did they get here?

"Alright. Bye!" They all chorus before hanging up.

"Hi there." I welcome the neighbors. I slip my phone into my back pocket and walk towards them. "I'm Carson." I say, shaking their hands.

They look impressed with my nice manners. "Hello Carson. I'm Mrs. Marshall but you can call me Carrie. This is my husband Mike and my son- Where'd he go?" Carrie says.

"I'm right here mom. I'm Miles." Miles introduces. Miles is the kid that picked me for his skins soccer team.

I smile at them. "Well please take a seat." I motion to the table that mom had already set the food down on. Let's get this dinner started.