Chapter Nineteen

"Then I finished more than his required laps." I gossip to Athens, Mary, and Bella after practice. We huddle around a Starbucks table with grande drinks in front of us.

"I think it's cute." Athens says. "He obviously likes you, or he wouldn't have challenged you in a dual."

"A dual." Bella laughs. "Interesting wording."

Mary sighs. "He's really attractive. Not Cristiano Ronaldo attractive, but still really cute."

I laugh. "Let's call Ronnie. I haven't talked to him in forever and I'd like you to meet him." I say. Mary pales.

I watch as Mary starts sweating nervously as I fish through my contacts. I find the 'Crissy' name and tap it. The phone starts calling and I put it on speaker. Luckily, our Starbucks was mostly empty besides a dude on his laptop on the other side of the place, and the barista who was texting someone on her phone.

"Hola!" Cris calls into the phone.

"Hey Crissy! It's Carson. I called to see how you are after your loss against Almeria on Saturday." I say in Portuguese.

"You are just too sweet." Cris says sarcastically. "Calling to check up on me. I'm doing great. Still got my millions you'll probably never have. Still have my mansion, my cars, and my dignity relatively." He says.

I roll my eyes at him. "That's great. I have some friends here. They're quite American so bear with me."

"Hope they're not as annoying as you." He mumbles.

Ignore him happily. "Crissy meet my friends Mary, Bella, and Athens."

"Hi!" Cris says, speaking his best English. "It's nice to meet you."

"You too! I'm Mary. I'm a huge fan, and so is my dad." Mary says. Her arms and body are shaking slightly.

"That's great! Thank you for supporting me and my team. Any friend of Carson, is a friend of mine. How are you girls dealing with this crazy human?" Cris says.

"Crissy, I'm not that crazy."

"We're doing fine. She's pretty darn annoying, but we've learned to handle it." Bella jokes. "You know how hard that can be."

Cristiano laughs. "I do. The girl is a show off."

I gasp. "That's only because I'm better! You're just jealous you don't have my hair."

Cris gasps this time. "My hair is way better, and always will be!" He says.

Bella, Mary, and Athens are cracking up at our conversation.

"Keep telling yourself that. We all know my hair is a bazillion times better than yours. Hey, can you tell Gareth he owes me a phone call. The crazy guy hasn't called in a while." I say.

"I sure can. I'm sure he's not avoiding you." Cris says the last part sarcastically.

I roll my eyes, causing the girls to giggle a little bit. "Well, I should let you go. You probably have footbally stuff to do. I'll talk to you later, yeah?" I say.

"Alright. Hey, Carson? Call Beckham soon. I think he's going to be California this weekend for some promotional LA Galaxy event. I'll see you later. Bye Mary, Athens, and Bella!" Cristiano says, ending the call.

I turn to the girls who are smiling again.

"How'd we get so lucky to be your friends?" Mary asks.

I shrug. "How'd I get lucky with you guys? You're all so sweet." I reply.

Athens shakes her head. "You're like a billion times prettier than we are, and all the guys have been gossiping about you. Not just the high school guys either. You have the whole UCLA soccer team talking about you apparently. I heard my brother on the phone talking about you last night." Athens says. "You have scouts that are going to come watch you play."

"Now you're just raising my ego." I say group hugging the girls. "And you guys are so much prettier than me."

Bella laughs. "Well that was about as stereotypical as we could be as white girls." She points out. We laugh as she imitates the stereotype. "'Bethany! You're like, so pretty I want to punch a wall!'"

"What?" We chorus in laughter. That made so little sense but was hilarious the way she said it.

"Erik Durm might as well call me up right now to ask me to get married to him." Bella says, flipping her blonde hair over her shoulder.

I laugh. "He's probably picking your ring out right now."

"Erik Durm is yummy," Athens says.

Mary nods, "You got that right. Marco Reus is cuter though."

"He is not!" Bella disagrees. "Take that back!"

"Never!" Mary laughs. "Marco Reus should take me to Prom."

Athens rolls her eyes. "And David Beckham should marry my mom."

Mary ignores Athens bad attitude. "Anything is possible Athens. And Carson, didn't Cristiano tell you to call David Beckham?"

I nod. "I totally forgot! Thanks for reminding me. Want me to call him right now?"

"It's your choice."

I nod. I pull out my phone again and find my David Beckham contact. I touch it and my phone starts to call.

I hit speaker phone as he answers. "Carson Messi? Is that you?" He asks in his deep British accent.

"Sure is, David. I'm here with my friends Bella, Mary, and Athens. Their all huge fans." I reply.

"Hi girls!" David says.

"Hello!" "Hey." "Sup?" They all reply at the same time.

"So David," I say. "I heard you're going to be in Los Angeles this weekend. Is that true?"

"Sure is," David says. "Cruz give Harper her bow back!" David yells. We hear some background noise before he turns back to his phone. "Sorry about that. Cruz is annoying Harper. Anyway, I am going to be in LA this weekend with Brooklyn."

"Awesome!" I grin. "I was wondering if you'd want to stay at our house. There's plenty of room for you and Brook. I was also wondering if you'd want to go to my first soccer game of the season."

I can practically hear David's smile. "That sounds great! I'd love to. I've been meaning to talk to your dad lately. I'd also love to see your game." He says.

"Great!" I smile. "I'll pick you up. When are you getting in?"

"Thursday morning. Is that okay with you guys?" He asks.

"Sure is." I smile. "Well I'll let you go. Can't wait to see you and Brooklyn. Say hi to Victoria and the others for me okay?"

"Sounds good. Bye Carson."

"Buh bye."

I turn to the girls who are staring at my phone in shock.

"How many footballers numbers do you have?" Bella asks, picking up my phone. I watch as she scrolls through my contacts. "Neymar, Uncle Leo, David Luiz, David Beckham, James Rodriguez, Marcelo, Sergio Ramos, Iker Casillas, Luis Suarez, Manuel Neuer, Zlatan, Marc Bartra, Victoria Beckham, Shakira, Antonella, Brooklyn Beckham, Romeo Beckham, Cruz Beckham, Sergio Aguero, Ter Stegan. Who's number don't you have?"

I shrug. "Justin Timberlake's."

Mary rolls her eyes. "You could probably get it though, you loser."

I laugh at them. "Well anyway, I guess your mom may at least meet David Beckham." I say to Athens.

--------------------

WE REACHED 100 VOTES!!!!!!! YOU GUYS ARE SO AWESOME THAT I'M SENDING YOU MY HUGS RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!