Chapter Two

"Oomph." I grunt, waking up to a head butt to the stomach. For some unnatural way Hershey can tell when it's 6am. It's probably because I always feed him at six when it's a school day. With a groan I get out of my bed.

With baggy sweatpants, a tight tank top, and my hair in a messy bun I head downstairs and into the kitchen. I find the pantry and get Hershey his required two scoops of dog food. Once I finish feeding Hershey I start a pot of boiling water. For some reason I love tea so much more than coffee, but being the nice person I am, I start the coffee for mom and dad.

As soon as I pour my tea I head back upstairs to start my day. I have school in like an hour and a half. I head to the bathroom where I brush my hair. That's all I do. I totally love that that's all I have to do. I don't straighten my hair or curl it because it's naturally wavy. My light brown hair just always has the perfect waves no matter how I sleep with it.

All I do for my face is rinse it with water then put on some mascara. I don't wear a lot of make up because it's a pain to take off at night, I would probably sweat it off at soccer practices, and I don't need it. My face is pretty flawless. I have a tan complexion and I only wear mascara because it's water proof and it brings out my light blue eyes.

After brushing my teeth I head to my closet. I find a pair of light wash jean shorts and slip them on. I then pull on a faded Superman t shirt. After that I slip on a pair of red converse and I'm done. I find a Vans backpack packed with school essentials that my mom probably packed.

After setting my backpack at the door, I start packing my soccer bag. Dad said the tryouts were today. Dad also said the team has probably been together since preschool because this town is serious about soccer because they need good kids for the UCLA team my dad is now coaching. The kids have literally been practicing all their lives for soccer. They are most likely not going to like me.

I find a neon pink and neon yellow Under Armour duffel bag. I stuff a Messi Argentina FIFA jersey in the bag (it's great sharing the last name), along with a plain soccer ball, my cleats and shin guards, my goalie gloves, and an empty water bottle I'll fill later.

I grab my bags and head downstairs where dad is dressed in athletic clothing ready to go to work and mom is sitting at the counter.

"Morning honey." They say in unison which makes all of us laugh.

"Good morning. I think I got to go. I'll see you guys later." I say, kissing each of their cheeks and heading out the door. I drop both my bags in the back seat and pull out my gps. Dad had already programmed the schools address in so I just set it up and pulled out if the driveway.

I drove for maybe ten minutes before pulling up to the school, Weston High.

The school was decked with their school colors maroon and white. That was the first thing I noticed as I pulled into a parking spot. With one last sigh I grabbed my backpack, slung it over my shoulders, and hopped out of my car. I made my way up the stairs towards the office.

People watched me with curious glances as I passed. My wavy hair blowing behind me I turn and enter the office. My eyes land on on the secretary, a middle aged woman.

"Hey, I was wondering where I go to get my schedule." I state approaching her desk. She looks up and her eyes widen in surprise.

"Uhhh. They're handing them out in the quad but I can pull yours up for you. What's your name?" She asks. She looks kind of nervous. I don't want to sound conceited but this happens a lot. Some of the guys on the Barcelona team think that it's because I'm so beautiful. Their words not mine. I would agree that I'm beautiful but I don't go around acting conceited but it comes across that way sometimes because I walk around with confidence oozing out of my presence.

"I'm Carson Messi." I state. My last name makes me smile because all summer the team was calling my Mini Messi.

She quickly pulls it up and prints it out. She hands it to me along with a map. "Have a good day." She calls as I walk out to the hallway. The lockers are all white and maroon and the walls are covered in posters promoting anything from chess club to the soccer team, including specific players.

I walk down the hallway glancing occasionally at lockers to find my locker number. As I find it I pull it open I stuff my backpack in it. I grab a notebook and a pen and close my locker. I turn and head towards my first class which is AP Chemistry. I enter the classroom to find it basically empty. The room is filled with lab tables with space for two people. I sit down on of the stools at one of the tables and pull out my phone.

I open a group chat for the Barcelona team and send out a 'hey'. A few seconds later my phone starts going off with multiple texts. Neymar sent a silly face, Uncle Leo sent 'how was the flight?', and the rest of guys just said a basic hello back. I grin and reply to all of them. I'm about to tell them I gotta go learn when a voice interrupts me.

"Phones aren't allowed past 7:55."