Chapter One

I groan as I step off the plane and into the Los Angeles airport. Light pours in giving me a headache. Even though I slept for the majority of the plane ride, I'm still extremely tired. But first things first I'm hungry.

As soon as I step into the lobby of the airport my eyes find my dad. He smiles and takes my suitcase, leaving me with my plain black backpack.

"How was the flight?" Dad asks as he leads me out of the busy airport and into the hot sun of California.

"Good. I was seated next to some extremely hot Spanish boy. I'm hungry though. Can we stop for food?" I ask. Dad gives me a look for the 'hot boy' part but nods anyway.

"Yep. Where would you like to go? We're like an hour away from the house." Dad says as we reach his navy blue truck. He tosses my suitcase in the back and hops into the drivers seat.

I shrug. "Anywhere sounds good right now." I honestly couldn't care less. I'd eat at White Castle and that's saying a lot in my book.

Dad and I make small talk as we pull up to Panera Bread, eat a few sandwhiches, and drive home. He pulls up to a beautiful villa looking house that looks like it belongs in Spain. I never got to look at the house because I left for Spain before we moved. This house is absolutely beautiful. My maroon Jeep is even sitting in the driveway begging me to drive her.

"You like it?" Dad asks as we reach the front door.

As I'm about to answer when the door bursts open to reveal my mom. She gasps and runs toward me at full speed. "I missed you so much! How was Spain? Oh my gosh you got highlights!" She says squishing me with a bear hug.

I giggle as my dog Hershey comes running out of the door barking at my mom to move out of the way so he can hug me. Hershey is a chocolate lab so I thought it would be brilliant to name him after a chocolate company.

Mom laughs and detaches herself from me so Hershey can come jump onto me. "I love the house guys." I say as we enter the front hallway after we calmed down.

The house is beautiful. It's all very Spanish looking which is amazing. Our couch sits in the living room with our tv. And our kitchen is large and full of stainless steal appliances. Overall the house is so awesome.

"I decorated your room!" Mom says enthusiastically as she pulls me up the stairs. As we reach the end of the hallway she pulls open a door and motions me in.

My new room has silver walls, pink beaded curtains over the windows that look out onto the ocean, blue comforter with pink accent pillows, a small couch in front of a tv, and two doors. On one of the walls sits a desk and my guitar on its stand.

The first door leads to my own bathroom complete with a shower and toilet. The second door leads to the largest walk in closet I've ever seen. Inside the closet several shelves line the walls holding shoes and soccer balls. Then below the shelves are several racks packed full of clothes I've never seen before. Mom must've gotten rid of everything I had before because this is full of new clothes. Extremely cute clothes.

"I love it mom!" I yell running at my mom and hugging her. Hershey barks playfully as he lays down on his dog bead that's placed at the end of my queen sized bed.

"I'm glad you like it. I had to keep myself occupied over the summer so I devoted my time to your closet. It was like reliving my teenage hood. I basically gave you my dream room." She grins.

I smile and give her a kiss on her cheek."I love you." I state, still gazing around my amazing room.

"I'm glad you like it." She says, already heading for the door. "Oh and your father told me to remind you, you have school tomorrow so get some rest. You'll probably be jet lagged but that's what you get for abandoning me for the summer!" She fakes a sob, winks at me, and walks out of the room leaving me to gaze around my room.

I walk over to my suitcase and unzip it. My room needs a few final touches. I pull out a framed picture of me with the FC Barcelona team. All of have on jerseys and we are standing on the practice field grinning. Since I wasn't officially on the team I had one Uncle Leo's extra jerseys on since we had the same last name. I miss them so much already. I feel like all those guys are family now. I set the picture down on my bedside table.

Next I pull out the soccer ball they signed for me. I take that and set it on my desk.

With one last glance around my room I enter my bathroom. I take a quick shower, using the vanilla shower gel and shampoo my mom left in there. I dry and put on pjs before crawling under my soft covers and falling asleep with no problem.