Chapter Seven

--- picture of Miles ---

They follow my orders and sit down. I sit down across from Miles so the parents can all talk and drink wine and do whatever parents do.

My parents finally join us and we start eating. Mom had made her famous lasagna. The parents chatted happily while Miles and I ate our food in silence.

"So." He starts. Miles is cute. He has lightish brown hair that's styled in a quiff. He's obviously muscular but not that it's too over the top because honestly body builders are not cute. He has just enough muscle that it's obviously a six pack (or more) and you can see the outline of veins on his muscular arms. Miles is wearing just a plain shirt and jeans despite the hot weather.

"How are you?" He asks awkwardly. His brown eyes check me out playfully.

"I'm good. How are-oomph!" I grunt as Hershey head butts my knee under the table. Miles and I start laughing because Hershey's head comes out from under the table to make sure he's not missing anything.

Once Hershey has laid down again Miles starts talking. "So who were you talking to on the phone. I heard you say something about Ronaldo and in case you didn't know that's a famous soccer player's name."

I roll my eyes. "Why wouldn't I know that Cristiano plays soccer?" I ask. Cristiano is probably the third most famous soccer player, after David Beckham and Uncle Leo.

"I don't know. You're a girl and girls should not be on a males soccer team." He says. I look over to see my dad not paying attention to this meanie head. "And when you talk about famous soccer players you use last names." He says.

"Not unless you know them." I challenge.

Miles bursts out laughing gaining the attention of the parents.

"What's so funny?" Carrie asks, eyeing my annoyed face.

"D-d-dad!" Miles laughs out. "She basically just said she knew Cristiano Ronaldo!" Miles laughs out. Mike starts laughing with Miles.

I turn and give my dad an annoyed look which he replies with a chuckle.

"You kids look like your done with dinner. Why don't you head on upstairs to 'hang out'." Mom says. With one last annoyed look at the adults I grab Miles ear and pull him up out of his chair. I pull him out of the dining room and to the stairs.

I basically shove him up the stairs. Miles is pretty tall but not so tall that I can't reach up and slap him if he deserves it.

"This way." I state leading him down the hallway towards my door.

I open the door to my room and shove him in. He stops laughing as his eyes land on the soccer ball the team signed for me.

"Are these signatures real?" He asks as he holds the ball delicately. I swing my leg up and kick the ball making Miles yelp.

"Yes they're real, not that it's a big deal." I state as I kick the ball around my room. Miles glares at me as he snatches up the ball.

"It's a huge deal! You have a soccer ball signed by my favorite team! You should NOT be kicking it around!" Miles says as he cradles the ball.

"Chill. What's the worst that's gonna happen? The signatures are going to rub off? If they do I'll get it resigned. The guys won't mind." I state. Miles stares at me incredulously.

"You can't just get these willy nilly! It's signed by the best soccer players in the world." Miles says.

I roll my eyes and take Miles muscular arm and pull him over to one of my framed pictures with them. In the picture they're all holding me sideways.

"That could be photoshopped." Miles says.

"But it's not. You can look in my closet, I have some of their old jerseys. You can look in my phone, I have all their numbers. You can look around my room, I have pictures with them." I say.

Miles stands there shocked. "B-b-b-but how?" He says.

I lead him over to my bed where he takes a seat. He still hasn't put down my signed soccer ball. "So you know Cristiano Ronaldo too?" He asks.

"Pretty much. Last time I saw him I bet him he couldn't score three points in the first half. I ended up having to do his laundry for the rest of the time he visited. Can I just say his abs are not photoshopped in pictures." I say. I love Cristiano, he's pretty funny and sweet. Just kidding he's not very sweet. He's kind of mischievous. And very very seductive.

Miles just shakes his head. "How do you know the best players in the world?" He asks.

I shrug. "My last name is Messi if that helps you figure things out."

"Messi is your dad?" Miles asks.

I give him a stupid look. "My dad's downstairs you moron. He's my uncle. I stayed with him over the summer." I say.

Miles just watches me. "That's why you have a slight accent. I can't really tell what it is. It's kind of Spanish mixed with something else."

"Portuguese. Slightly Portuguese." I say. By now I sat next to him on the side of my bed.

Miles gets up and wonders around looking at the pictures on my walls. I think Uncle Leo sent them to mom and she printed them out and hung them up on my walls for me. They range anywhere from me with the team, me in random places in Spain, me talking with the guys, me sandwiched on a couch between them, me squished under a dog pile, and me with other super amazing players. There's even some that I've never seen like Neymar and I at a crosswalk across the street after one of our runs, I'm in, of course, a sports bra.

"I'm actually amazed. No wonder you smashed all of us at tryouts. I thought you were somehow cheating but you were actually training with the FC Barcelona team. Did you know they're my favorite team?" Miles asks.

I roll my eyes at him. "How would I know what your favorite team is?" I say. "You see me wearing one of Neymar's jerseys right now but my favorite team is FC Bayern München in Germany." I say. It's not because I have anything against Barcelona, I just don't want to be biased because personally I think the Barcelona and München teams are equally amazing. (München is only slightly better because I have the tiniest crush on Manuel Neuer, they're goalkeeper.)

Miles shrugs. "FC Barcelona is definitely the best team. And Lionel Messi is definitely the best soccer player to ever live. He's basically destroying all the soccer records." Miles says.

I shrug. "You haven't seen them practice. They like to goof off." I say.

Miles shrugs. "Still the best. I wish I was you. I would kill for a chance to meet them. I should have known you weren't messing around the second you stepped on the soccer field." Miles says. "Your probably the best player on the team if you've trained with the best team ever."

"I am the best player, and you remember that." I say. Miles raises his hands in mock surrender. I then stand up and grab his hand and pull him out of my room. I take my soccer ball out of his hand and toss it back into the room.

"Let's go." I say, pulling him back downstairs and into the dining room where are parents already looked to be saying good bye.

I say goodbye then head back upstairs, crawl into my bed, and fall asleep.