"we could get out of here"

chapter 14:

we could get out of here

umm SMUT WARNING hi pls read at ur own risk <3 it's just at the v end ofthe chapter if you'dlike to skip!!!

umm SMUT WARNING hi
pls read at ur own risk <3
it's just at the v end of
the chapter if you'd
like to skip!!!

"You are gorgeous." I looked over at Calum as he appeared in the doorway. I had been over at his for the entire day, and it had felt like a dream. Keeping things fairly tame between us, we'd really just spent the entire day enjoying each other's presence and getting to know each other a little better.

About thirty minutes earlier, I had taken over his bathroom to get ready for Cassidy's party. He had walked up while I was looking at myself in the mirror, putting in a pair of dangly earrings.

"You look wonderful, Emerson."

"Thank you, Calum." I smiled as a faint blush began to creep onto my cheeks. "You're not looking too bad yourself. You clean up very nicely."

"You act like you haven't seen me dressed nice before—we started as a nearly-failed first date, remember? Didn't you think I looked sort of nice then?"

"I suppose," I joked with him, flashing him a grin as I took a step toward him.

"You in heels is sort of fun—makes it a little easier to do this." Calum placed his hand on my hip before leaning in and kissing me. I kissed him back and placed my hands on his arms, keeping a firm grip on him. He pulled away from me slowly—my eyes opened before his and I smiled at the sight of him slowly coming back from our moment of bliss.

"Don't get used to it," I told him, referring to my current height. "These are a three-day-a-year occurrence."

"I'm perfectly content with normal-height Emerson, I assure you." Calum took one of my hands into his before slowly spinning me around, which caused me to laugh. "Should we go? We wouldn't want to be late. It's a hike to get over there," Calum joked.

"Yeah, we should get a head's start," I joked along. With my hand still in his, he led me out of the bathroom, after switching the light off. We walked through his apartment before making our way across the hall to Cassidy and Graham's place.

Instead of knocking, I let myself in, which seemed to amuse Calum. "We're here!"

"Oh, thank god! I was about to come hunt you down!" I heard Cassidy's voice from somewhere in the apartment, and I took an educated guess before taking Calum to the kitchen. I found both Graham and Cassidy standing in front of heaps of finger food.

"Hot damn," Graham whistled as I walked into the room, which caused my eyes to roll.

"You always manage to outdo me," Cassidy pouted, before making her way over to me and wrapping her arms around me. "You look amazing."