"you can come in"

chapter six:
you can come in

guess who's back in this chapter, bitches !!!! (((:

Christmas Day went like always. We were woken up by Anna before the crack of dawn; our dad pretended as though Santa had left behind one of his gloves, for the tenth year in a row; we were told that it looked like a 'hard candy Christmas' by our dad after he came back upstairs after making sure the coast was clear; and then we excitedly rushed down the steps to our living room to see the presents under the tree.

Not only were there presents from Santa, but our parents admitted to giving us two presents each, each sibling gave the other a present, and we all pitched in to give each parent a present or two. Most of the time our mom would help us with a present for our dad, and vice versa.

The older I get, the more home essentials I ask for. Santa gave me a KitchenAid stand mixer as well as three different candles; my parents gave me a rug I had been eyeing on Amazon for months and a lamp I had been wanting for my bedroom; my brother got me an at home cold brew coffee maker; and my younger sister, easily winning the best sister title, bought me a diy candle making kit with an added Ryan Gosling coloring book.

It was easily one of the best Christmas's I had ever experienced.

Throughout the day, family from my dad's side made their way to the house and we had an early dinner, like we always did. We spent the day getting caught up, as well as meeting new members of the family both due to marriages and pregnancies. We played a round of Dirty Santa before it was time for everyone to leave, and then we sat down for our annual viewing of A Christmas Story, my dad's favorite.

In the morning I had wished Calum a Merry Christmas and he replied in no time, telling me the same. We gave each other a rundown of our days, but were both busy with family. During the movie however, I busied myself with texting him as my family members obnoxiously quoted almost the entirety of the film.

calum
7:49 pm
so you're out of town?

emmie
7:51 pm
that is correct

calum
7:52 pm
when will you back?

calum
7:52 pm
and i'm totally not eager to see you... i have no idea why you would think that

A smile crept onto my face as I read his most recent text, and I was careful not to draw any attention to myself from my family members.

emmie
7:54 pm
i leave tomorrow morning, at eleven... so i'll be back at approximately one o'clock tomorrow

emmie
7:54 pm
i'm even less eager than you, so

calum
7:56 pm
what if we happened to bump into each other at around seven o'clock tomorrow?