"i'm a six and he's a ten"

chapter three:
i'm a six and he's a ten

cheers to the first "filler" chapter that will make u want to scream and cry bc ....... (dun dunn dunnnnn) ....... calum is not quite present. take deep breaths, stay w/ me, and i promise we will get back to him very soon

love u (:

calum's not happy ab it either ^^

I woke up to the sound of a loud alarm and my eyebrows scrunched together as my eyes slowly opened, only to close seconds later in reaction to the bright light entering my room. I couldn't remember the last time I had set an alarm to wake me up in the morning.

As I reached for my phone, I aimlessly moved my arm around in hopes I would eventually run into it. I let out a low, growl-like groan as I failed to find my phone, but to my surprise, the noise ceased. I opened my eyes to a squint and looked around, finally noticing my phone on the edge of my bed, nearly about to fall. I grabbed it and rubbed my eyes with my free hand as I brought it closer to my face.

As I pressed the home button and woke up my phone's screen, I saw that I had four missed calls from my mother. I knew I hadn't set an alarm, but I was starting to think I might have needed to.

"Fuck," I cursed, pressing on the notification so that I could call her back. I pressed the phone to my ear and quickly swatted the blankets off my body. I looked at the clock on my nightstand to check the time and my eyes widened as I saw that it was nearly one in the afternoon.

"Good morning, Emmie!" My mom's loud, cheerful tone caused my eyes to widen in surprise. "Are you still planning to be here by four?" I quietly whimpered as I thought of the drive I would have to endure soon and heard a quiet laugh from the opposite side of the line. "I'll give you a second to wake up."

"I thought I was going to be up by ten," I finally responded after clearing my throat. "I stayed at Cassidy's house for a little while last night... uh, I guess I didn't think about having to wake up early."

"Ten o'clock is not early, and one in the afternoon? Seriously, Em, you're twenty-four! How can you still get away with things like that?" Instead of my mom's voice, I heard my younger sister's voice respond.

"Mom, take me off speaker phone. I could have said something personal!" I said, strangely feeling like a teenager as I spoke. "Anna doesn't need to know all of my business."

"Your business is my favorite business, you grouch. I'm your little sister." Somehow I could hear Anna's eyes roll as she spoke, which caused my eyes to roll.

"So you were at Cassidy's last night?" Mom asked, joining the conversation again.

"Yeah, we were talking and I lost track of time—"

"Because I heard you went on a date last night."

"Anna! Mom doesn't need to know all of my business, and she definitely doesn't need to learn it from you. God, can no one respect my privacy? I was planning on telling you about the man of my dreams, Mom, but I wanted to do so in person."