"wine makes you flirty"

chapter seven:
wine makes you flirty

"Calum!" The door to the apartment we had been waiting outside of us swung open and revealed a blond who stood at least two inches taller than Calum

"Calum!" The door to the apartment we had been waiting outside of us swung open and revealed a blond who stood at least two inches taller than Calum. The guy wrapped his arms around Calum and engulfed him in a hug.

"Hey, man," Calum said, smiling as he hugged the blond back. They pulled away and the guy looked from Calum to me. "This is Emerson." The guy's previous relaxed look formed a wide smile and, admittedly, I didn't know what to expect, but I was surprised when the guy greeted me with a hug.

"It's nice to meet you," he said, pulling away from the hug almost as soon as he initiated it.

"Emerson, this is Luke," Calum told me, finally introducing me fully.

"It's nice to meet you, too, Luke," I said, sending him a smile as I looked up at him. Luke opened the door wider to let the both of us in, and I walked in behind Calum, feeling hesitant to do anything. "Sorry to intrude on friendmas," I told Luke and he shook his head at me, sending me a reassuring smile.

"We're glad you're here," he told me, leading us through a small hallway and into a living room area. There was a group of people sitting around, talking, and I did my best to push my nerves down into nonexistence.

"Calum!" The room erupted with greetings and a guy with messy, dyed blond hair rushed to Calum, giving him a big hug. Calum laughed as he hugged the guy back and I smiled at the encounter and tried to prepare myself for the introduction of everyone.

"Hey, Mike," Calum said before pulling away from the hug. "Mike, this is Em-"

"Emerson, we've heard loads about you. I'm Michael, it's nice to meet you," Michael stuck out his hand and I smiled at him as I shook his head, hoping my grip didn't seem weak. "Calum, you take a seat. I'll introduce her to-"

"Mike, I've got this," Calum said, laughing quietly as he cut off his friend. Michael slowly lifted his hands in surrender and walked back to the couch, crashing down onto the cushion next to another guy. "So, that's Michael," Calum whispered, causing me to laugh. "Everyone, this is Emerson," Everyone started to wave and Calum continued. "This is Ashton," Calum said, pointing to the guy beside of Michael. "This is his girlfriend, Jane," Calum pointed to the girl he was on the other side of Ashton and continued once again. "This is Beverly, but she goes by Bev," The girl with dark, jet black hair smiled as Calum introduced her and sent me a small wave. "And, last but not least this is Luke's roommate, Gibs."

"Calum, you're such a dick," Gibs said, rolling his eyes as he stood up from his spot on the floor, beside of Beverly. "Hi, Emerson. I'm Calum's best friend, Gibson."

"Gibs and I went to Dartmouth together," Calum told me and I smiled, nodding my head as I looked over at Gibson. "Emerson's from Hanover," Calum told him, which caused Gibson's jaw to drop.