8.

The lunch went by smooth, it was full of laughs and shy giggles. They decided to  stroll around the area for a while, without any destination in their mind. It feels nice and comfortable with Minjun, Yoongi can get used to this feeling.

" So.." Minjun stops, he's looking at the two birds who are looks like they're playing with each other.
" So ?" Yoongi looked at Minjun.

" What d'you think ? How was the date ?" He just want to assure that Yoongi felt comfortable and not forced into anything. He was over the moon when Yoongi decided to say yes after 4 years of him trying to court the alpha, but at the same time he want to assure that this is really what he wants.

" It was nice." Yoongi admits, it was really nice. Much better than his expectations.
" It means there will be a second one ?" Minjun asks with his eyes shining with the brightest light in them. He tries to bite his lip to stop the big smile from forming.

" Mmh." Yoongi just nods his head.
Minjun got closer to him and gently slid his hand next to Yoongi's.
Yoongi seemed a bit shocked at the touch, but Minjun still interwined their fingers.

" What ?" He saw the look Yoongi had on his face as he stared at their interwined hands.
" Nothing. It just feels... weird ?" Minjun let out a wholesome laugh at that and for a second it reminded Yoongi of Jimin. But he's quickly chasing the though away.

" I think you're touch deprived." Minjun laughs again.
He starts caressing the back of Yoongi's hand with his thumb.

" So, are we gonna kiss or something ?" The question made Yoongi choke on the air.
" I- what ?" He looked at the omega with a disbelieving look.
" It's a trend to kiss on your first date." Minjun couldn't stop laughing at Yoongi's ghosted face, the alpha looks so cute like that.

" You didn't know ?"
" The last time I went on a date was in high school." He remembers it vaguely. Maybe he went to movies with a girl or was it a park ?

" Oh, that makes our date even special." The omega chirped. His scent has became sweeter and it's intoxicating Yoongi in a good kind of way. Yoongi's hands feels warm now that Minjun is holding it.

Their walk ends when they reached to Minjun's car. The driver was waiting outside the car for him.
" I could have dropped you off." Yoongi says gesturing towards his car that's parked opposite to his.

" I see you're already falling in love with me." He teases the older.
" Next time for sure." He withdraw his hand back making Yoongi feel the cold wind at the loss of warmth. The omega start walking towards the car but stopped and turned to Yoongi.

He pressed a quick kiss to his cheek. The driver instantly changed his gaze from them, feeling like he's invading their privacy.

" Drive safely." He said and just ran back to his car.

Yoongi stood there like a statue for some good minutes. Letting the cold wind strike his face, he touches his cheek where he could still feels the presence of warmth, a smile crept on his face. He feels happy.

He got inside his car. It finally feels like he's moving on from the past that he has been holding on for years. He just needs to do one thing now. With a determined kind he starts the engine.

Even after all these years he still remember these roads clearly. For a fresh start, he first need to let go of the memories just like he let Jimin go all those years ago. It's truly been said, to hold on is easy. But to let go, requires a lot of strength.

His hearts beats a million time louder on the way there. The road, the trees, the streets, the shops, everything is reminding him of that one person that he's trying to forget. But today will be the last day he'll let the past control him.

Minjun made him feel like he could be his happy ending. A happy ending that he long ago lost the believe in.
He's is ready to give the omega atleast one chance. One chance can change his life forever, who knows, whether it would be for good or bad.

He parked his car in front of the familiar building, taking out the key that he always kept in the car drawer for no particular reason. His hands shakes around the keys.

When Jungkook moved out from the apartment that once belonged to him and Jimin, to Taehyung's house, Yoongi wasn't ready to let go of it yet. So, he started paying the rent of the house even though no one lived there. His friends are unknown of this fact.

Today he's here to finally let go of the house and the memories that it held. From their very first kiss to their last fight. From the very few sweet moments to the most heartbreaking moments. He want to let go of all of it.

He opens the door and old memories come rushing in. They overwhelmed him in just a few seconds, he saw multiple images of Jimin pass by in a flash. His smile, his tears, his laugh, his mood swings, everything. Even though the house is void, it's filled to the brim with their memories.

But he composes himself, not letting the memories and continuing to hold onto the past can make him weak, and he don't want that to happen.

This was all in the past now and he can't hold onto it for any longer now. They've started to fade away anyways. He needs to start living in the present to attain the happiness and the first step is to let the memories fly away. Fly away, so far away.