17.

" Eunjae ah, it's too early to be up, go back to sleep." Yoongi mumbles on hearing the noises that disturbed his sleep. He thought that Eunjae was behind them. But then he felt the little boy move next to him.

" Huh ?" He looked around confusedly, Eunjae was here then what was the noises ? He was scared for a second. The thought of a thief inside their house made its way into his head.

Silently, he got out of the covers. Making sure Eunjae was tucked in before he walked out.
There was a fear surfacing in his heart. What if it's a wild animal who came here to satisfy their hunger ? Or what if it's a serial killer ? Or worse what if-- His what ifs came to an halt on hearing the familiar voice.

It was dark in there but the light Jimin's phone was emitting gave it away. His face glowed even if it was from the minimal light of the phone.

" You look like a mess." Jimin giggled on seeing Daejeong's messy hairs, the alpha was still in the bed, laying shirtless under the covers even though it was afternoon there.

" I have been like this since you left." He said it in a particular cheesy tone making Jimin cringe. He knows very well that Jimin doesn't like such corny lines. But he likes to see the omega scrunch his nose in disgust because he looks cute like that.

" That was gross." He scoffed, scrunching his nose just like Daejeong expected him to do.
The alpha smiled at that, Jimin is too predictable.

" You look more beautiful than before. I guess Seoul's air changed you." He added a wink in the last, making the omega flustered.

" Stop. You can't even see my face in the dark." Jimin brought a hand to his face to hide the big smile.

On feeling a presence behind him the omega turned around to see a figure approaching him. He recognised the dark figured instantly by his scent.
" I'll call you later." He hanged up on the alpha, waving him bye.

" Did I wake you up ?" He was about to stand up from the couch but seeing Yoongi coming towards him, he relaxed back.
" Mmh." The alpha took a seat next to him. The couch is comfortable and he just woke up from his sleep, he can easily fall asleep there.

" You still have trouble sleeping ?" He tries to talk so as to not fall asleep.
" Yeah, but it's better than before. I can't sleep for long duration in one go but small naps are good." Yoongi nods his head.

" You could've woke me up." He didn't wanted to sound disappointed over the fact that Jimin choose Daejeong over him.
" You were sleeping peacefully. Moreover Dae just spend his afternoon in the bed, he's mostly free." Something about the other alpha's name irks him up.

" So, what d'you wanna do now ?" He tries hard to focus on one thing, keeping his eyes wide open and refraining them from blinking.
" You should sleep hyung, I'll sleep soon too." He saw the way Yoongi was trying so hard to stay awake, he found it too cute.

" Then I'll accompany you till then." He  doesn't want Jimin to call Daejeong again.

The alpha goes to open the curtains, allowing the moonlight into the room. The light will help him to fight his sleep.

" You know what was Eunjae's first words ?" Yoongi grabs Jimin's attention by that. They have some time so they can spend it by talking about Eunjae. Yoongi knows the omega will like that.

" Papa ?" Yoongi shakes his head at that with a suppressed laugh.
" He was an energetic baby, always blabbering around and giggling. But he said his first word when he was around seven month old." Yoongi remembers that day as clear as if it happened just yesterday. It's hard to forget such a funny memory.

" We went to grocery shopping one such time, I was grabbing a baby formula for him but him being the troublemaker he is, swung his arm around and knocked down two boxes from the shelf." Jimin starts laughing at that, his loud laugh booming in the quite room.

" Out of habit I muttered shit to myself because heck I was embarrassed and everyone was looking at me." Jimin threw himself on Yoongi while laughing out of habit, just like older times.

" And you won't believe but he repeated it just as loud and proud as he could." Jimin stopped laughing to breathe for a second. There are tears in his laughing from too much by now.

" Hyung I can't believe you let our son's first word be a curse word." He continued to laugh. Not thinking much about how he regarded Eunjae as 'our son'.

It made Yoongi's heart flutter but then he suddenly gets a whip of their very last fight where Jimin wasn't ready to accept Eunjae as his son. He'd be lying if he says that it didn't hurt him but he knew that Jimin didn't mean those words.
He knows it after seeing how Jimin treats Eunjae now. The love and care. He's late in their lives but it's better than never.

" And his first steps.. you know I almost missed them because I was sleepy." He smiles. It was a hard time for him, he hardly maintained the balance between his work and father life but he managed just fine.

Jimin smiles weakly at that. There's a void forming in his heart. A void that sucks his soul inside of it.
" Atleast you got to witness them."

" If only I hadn't left..." He trails off and Yoongi can smell Jimin's distress in his sweet scent. It's gone sour now.

The Yoongi four years ago wouldn't have done it because he was coward but today's Yoongi is a changed man.

" You're here now. That's all that matters." He says embracing Jimin in his arms. Not just a side hug or a light touch but a full on bear hug.

" Hyung..." He knows what Jimin have to say, so he shush him by pressing his face to his chest.
" Those four years, I don't think of them as something bad. The break was necessary for both of us." He strokes Jimin's head lightly. He's just like a little child right now who needs comfort.

" If you had stayed, things might have been good at first, but gradually you would've started to regret not choosing your career over us." Jimin stays silent after hearing those words. Somewhere he feels that too, like it could have happened.

" It would've lead to lots of fights because we were young and dumb at that time." Jimin slowly nods his head against the alpha's chest.

" We would have ended up with a big fight and everything would've been over, I wouldn't be holding you like this if that happened."
A little smile plaster on Jimin's lips. Yeah, he wouldn't be in alpha's arms right now if something like that happened. He knew how bad a breakup could be and the hatred that follows after it.

" But we're stronger now. No more young and dumb. I think it was written in our destiny. It separated us for sometime so as to untangle the temporary knot that could have become permanent if you stayed."

" I think you're right." He inhales a sharp breath, pulling himself away from Yoongi's chest to wipe the snot on his face. He looks so ugly right now.
" Hyung is always right." His hand rests on Jimin's cheek and the omega gave into the soft touch, into the warmth the alpha have.

" Now, stop crying, I've a lot of stories to tell you." The younger quickly wipes the tears off his face with his sleeves.
" I'm here to listen to them all." Jimin beams.

He's here now, that's all that matters.