Chapter Thirty Six

Let's play house

Two weeks later here I am on a plane going from London to Boston. The last plane I was on was to Miami for the cruise. I then wouldn't have thought I would have met a man on the cruise. A certain man. Let alone move across the pond to be with him. Because he only half knows my extra baggage. As I place a hand on my tummy. My 12-week pregnant bump. Yes, we are pregnant too. I have half told him by phone. I wanted to really tell him in person as it never sounds good on the phone. Of course, it happened on the cruise everything about us happened then. Because he does half know, he is pretending not to know or that he doesn't want to know as I haven't heard back from him about it. We haven't seen each other since his birthday weekend when he was over here with me. I didn't want to tell him over the phone. Something like this shouldn't be said over the phone. This was when this little life was conceived on our fuck fest weekend. I didn't want to say anything over the phone, I want to do it in person but he was in the states working on his next solo project as well as the band's new project. This is my chance to tell him.

I look out of the window where I was in first class. He got me the ticket. I would never be able to afford it. He says his money is my money now. How sweet. But it doesn't feel right. Here I am sitting in first class and I can't even have the complimentary champagne. I am still upset from saying goodbye to friends and my family. Both my dog and horse have started their journey before me. I am moving over to live with him now we are engaged and we have been for three months. But I come with extra baggage this time and I hope he wants the baby. He wasn't really into the idea of being a father again when we had our heated talk as he proposed to me in May. I look down there is a bump to show for 12 weeks. I do have another appointment soon over here in the US as I have moved.

I close my eyes thinking of that first night at the glitter theme night. My lips curl into a smile as I remember. Six hours flew by and we soon arrived at Logan Airport. But I had to get through customs and baggage claim before I can meet up with him.

                                                     *  *  *  *  *  *

As soon as I arrive at the airport he's there waiting for me. He didn't look much like the pop star that he is as he was dressed in trackie bottoms and his green Celtics tracksuit top with blue Nikes. With his baseball cap over his eyes. He lit up when he saw me. An enormous grin appears on his face. But I was getting nervous all this is new and different for me. I have no friends or family here just me. He gives me a worried look as my face had changed. If I wasn't so nervous, it would have been something like out of the movies. He moves first and wraps his arms around me. I have missed the warmth of his hugs.

"Are you alright?" he asks.

"I'm nervous". He looks at me and does notice something different with me. Especially since I'm wearing a t-shirt cos it's warm. He notices my small bump but doesn't say anything. But you can't miss my bump, to be honest.

"Why?".

"I thinking am I making the right decision," I say "I have no family or friends over here. I'm on my own".

"Are you?" he asks.

"What?".

"Making the wrong decision".

"Not sure".

"I don't think you are". He replies as he looks at me with a hand on the bump of our unborn child. Which he must have clicked and realised that we are pregnant too. " You have me. We are together again. Missed you so much".

"I missed you too. But it's happening so quick".

"What is?".

"Us getting married".