Chapter Forty Four

Keep on smilin

Two weeks after meeting his whole family we were going back for another gathering. It's his oldest son's birthday. We were in bed still. I'm awake but my other half not so much. I guess is making up for the quiet summer before they start rehearsing next week. He is flat out on his back out like a light. He looked so cute, sprawled out on the bed, with his mouth open. I take this chance to get up and let the dogs out while Mr Sleepy is sleeping. I managed to get dressed and leave the bedroom without a stir from the one in bed still. I quietly go downstairs to the kitchen to let them out into the yard. While the dogs were out I started to make some coffee. Once I sit down I hear Jordan coming down the stairs. I can hear him before he appears and he doesn't sound good. I could hear him coughing and sneezing.

"Achoo"

"Are you feeling okay?".

"Fined," he says.

"You don't look or sound it" I replied "Maybe we shouldn't go".

"But it's my son's birthday family gathering" he moans.

"But you are sick".

"I'm fined. It's just a cold". He went into another coughing fit.

"That's it we aren't going. You back to bed Mister".

"I have to go. He's 21. It's a big thing. I'm his dad I have to go".

"Not when you're sick. You can't stand up straight. You're leaning against the door frame now".

"I am not sick" he sneezes again.

"Bed".

"No, I am fined".

"Try to say fine without the extra d".

"Honest I am ok. I wanna go please".

"Why is it men always act like a child when they are sick?".

"Hey, that's mean".

"Bed".

"No".

"Why don't we have it here? Then you can spend some time resting your man cold".

"It's too late for that everyone will be going over to Jon's as we speak. Not to mention we should too" he croaked and he turned around out of the door "Eric, you better be getting ready and not on your computer" he tried to yell upstairs.

"Please just go back to bed. I will call your mom and get it all rearranged for here later".

"But".

"No buts. Bed now".

"Okay, oh boy you coming then". His face lit up.

"Nope cos I will pick up your germs". Then he looked upset. "Don't look at me like that".

"I'm not doing anything".

"Yes you are by going back to bed. Quit looking at me like you're upset about not getting any".

"But I am not sick. It would make me feel better".

"You said you're not sick".

"Yeah, I'm not". He coughs again.

"You sure. You did just say that you were wanting to feel better, now how can you if you aren't sick like you said".

"I'm not sick".

"Man flu in denial" I reply.

"Hey" now I am worried about what is going to happen next as a broad smile appears on his face. "Can you tuck me in, please?".