Chapter Forty

The Way

We get into the Tesla, I lean over towards her and softly kiss her on the lips. "Don't worry everything will be okay today. And I will be speaking to my boys later".

I start up the car and we are on the way. It doesn't that long to drive to Essex about an hour. I nudge her awake when I parked up the car.

" Wake up we are here now". She slowly wakes up. Looks so damn cute asleep but we are here now.

I squeeze her knee with my hand. I smile at to reassure her but I know she is feeling anxious about meeting them. I give her knee another squeeze before getting out of the car.

"Jordan, you made it" I get hugged by Sharon. "Someone has been putting on weight".

I grumble something before the rest of them showed up.

Now am I surrounded by all of them.

" Leave me alone" I moan. They were all commenting on me putting on a few pounds. Okay so I am not tour fit, I'm just every day me. I wish they would stop. Always been like this cos I'm the youngest.

"You love it". No, I don't. Please stop and leave me alone. I am not fat nor chubby. So I gained a few pounds not a lot.

" No, I don't" I complained.

"You do look pudgy" a snicker.

"No, I don't". I am not pudgy.

" Yeah, you are. Starting to look like us lot" replies David. No, I do not.

"Hi," I notice Jon is standing there next to her. "They aren't that bad. Come and meet them all. David, Chris, Allison and Sharon. And of course my annoying younger brother, Jordan".

I roll my eyes at Jon's remark. "Guys this is Felicity". I hold her hand as I go and stand on the other side of her. But she doesn't say anything

"She's shier than the two of you," says Chris.

" We aren't that bad. Don't listen to what he has told you".

"He didn't. He said you were nice". Which is true.

"So what do the boys think?" asks Allison. Oh great, here it comes. I take a deep sigh.

"I'm not sure. DJ wanted to get over here as fast as he could. I'm going to talk to them later".

"It's probably because of the engagement. That was fast".

" I guess" I mutter, "But it was hard for them to meet what being in two different countries".

"Let's go to the barn. Mom says there is more you want to tell us".

They all start to disperse to the barn leaving me, Felicity and Jon there by my car.

" You guys go. I am going to stay by the car. I need some air at the moment".

Jon looks at me, "I will leave you two alone. I'm going to find Harley". Off he goes.

I bring a hand up to her cheek.

" What's up? That wasn't so bad. They didn't hound you like my first girlfriend or my ex-wife. Or is it because you are worried about meeting my sons properly".

"You go ahead. I will be there soon".

" No they can wait. I wanna make sure you are okay".

"Just need some air. Feel a bit sick".

" Just you or is the baby involved".

"No think it is just nerves or something I ate".

" Hey," I say. She said it was good. Then it's because my boys were mentioned. I know I should have planned it better. I should have gotten them all to meet before we got engaged. But now with a half-sibling on the way. The mess is going to get worse. "If that is it then. I better go and show my face. I will be back in a minute".