Chapter Twenty Two Jordan

Believe

Jon kindly dropped me off at Logan Airport so I could catch my flight to London Heathrow. It's been three weeks of moping and annoying my family. I missed her so much. She has made me so happy which I haven't felt in over a year. My boys stayed with me last weekend but for the last few days, my house felt empty without them. My eldest went back to college and my youngest went back to his mom's in LA. When we divorced, she moved as far as away as possible away from all the memories across the other side of the country.

We are having a mini-break. When I finished the phone call with her after the cruise, I was googling hotels in the UK for a weekend break. My family weren't too happy I decided to do it on my birthday especially seeing it was an important one: 50th. We can have a party when I'm back. I wanted to see my girlfriend without scaring her by asking Felicity to come back here for my 50th and meet my family, well all of them.

I have been on the plane for about eight hours

I have been on the plane for about eight hours. Been asleep for most of it.

We soon will be arriving in London Heathrow. It's 7.20 local time. The weather is cloudy with a high of 15°c.

I left the plane as soon as we were allowed. I wanted off as I still have a long way to go. As I have been in first-class I haven't really needed my hat or sunglasses. Now going through the airport I will. Now walking through towards customs and baggage claim. Once through customs, I text her.

Me : have landed 🇬🇧

F: how long should you be here. Give or take.

Me: 1.30

F: should I meet you.

Me: No I will come to you.

F: OK.

This is a lot of public transport I haven't done this much since that time in Paris and I misplaced and lost my passport. Shit. I check where I put it this time. Phew, it's still there. Now that was a worrying time. Can't do that again. I watch everyone grabbing their bags off the conveyor belt was trying to work where they were going for a holiday or have they come back from one.

I grabbed a coffee at Starbucks while waiting for my train at Paddington station. Of course, took a photo of the statues of Paddington Bear. I'm a tourist, a proper tourist.