Chapter twenty six Jordan

Halfway there

"Look I know we haven't been together for long but you make me a happy man. Well the happiness. Would you do me the honour of being my wife. Will you marry me"...

As soon as I said those words I knew it was too early by the way she was looking back at me and not saying a word. Shit, I blew it. I just ruined something so good on impulse. Was I too quick? I am standing there all nervous worried that I have made the wrong choice. So scared that I have ruined what we have.

"Please give me time. It's a little quick. I need time to think".

I nod slowly and shove the box back into my pocket. Then turn around and disappears. I walk back to our hotel room. We need to leave here and go and get our key for the private lodge we are having anyway. I look around the room and at our bags. Now to pack and move out of here. I can't do it so I sat down on the bed with my phone in my hand. As I sit down tears are building behind my eyes as I remember what we were up to since we got here. The room service tray was still on the table in the corner. The room does still smell of sex. Well we at it all night long. I try to smile but it hurts. I have been so stupid. Now I know I have scared her away. She is so shy and quiet. And I love her for that. But I forget that cos of that she gets easily scared.

Me: you are around. I need to talk to you. I have done something stupid.

I wait for an answer. I fall backwards onto the bed with a big sigh. Now I can feel the tears prickling my eyes. God, I am fifty tomorrow and here I am crying no almost sobbing. Next, my phone is ringing.

"Hello".

What have you done little brother

"Well hello to you Jon"

Well you are the one who messaged me saying he has done stupid

"Sorry".

What did you do?

"I can't really say but i think i have ruined everything". 

You need to talk to her. Hold on I got to do something.

Then he disappeared. He put me on hold. While he had me on hold I cleared up our room and packed everything. My heavy feet carried me downstairs to the reception. This time there was a different receptionist at the desk.

" I need to check out the room and then check into a private lodge, please".

"Morning Sir, what is the name?".

" Knight". She types on the computer. I hand over a key and receive another one.

I take our stuff to the private lodge for the rest of our weekend leaving Felicity time on her own. While I was looking around the private lodge my phone rang again.

"Hello".

Why didn't you tell me you asked her to marry you? Isn't it a little early?

" Felt the right time".

You have to remember that she had problems on the cruise cos of you two being a couple then. She was a fan and you don't normally fall for fans.

"She is different".

I know but you have to consider a few things like your status in the band

I groan. I knew me being in a band and being a celebrity would get in the way.

Also, you're one of the popular members.

" WRONG lost that title when I haven't been on social media since the tour and now this with Felicity".

You're second on their poll.