{XL} • Unexpected Guest

"I swear Jungkook! I don't trust him! Jinhan is being suspicious." I say while poking into my rice with my chopsticks. "Why? I thought I was the one that needed to trust him more." Jungkook said.

"Jungkook, I heard him talk on the phone, right after he had left the room. He was talking about that we knew and asked what to do about Hyunshik! He even said that he'd let him sleep at his house!" I say.

Jungkook listened closely and nodded while thinking. "What do you want me to do?" He asked. I shrugged my shoulders. "You're the mafia boss here." I say. Jungkook smiled. "You'll be one too. You need to learn. What would you do? Tell me." Jungkook said while sitting back into his chair.

I thought. "I would research better and try to find actual hard evidence. During that research I would act normal around Jinhan so he wouldn't suspect anything." I answer.

Jungkook smiled. "Well, that's what I'm going to do then." He said. I smiled back and finish my dinner. Jungkook and I did the dishes because nothing fitted inside of the dishwasher anymore. I was washing them, while Jungkook dried them.

Jungkook kissed my head. "You know I love you." He said. I smiled and nodded. "I love you too." I reply while giving him a freshly washed plate.

We took out Yeontan and ended up going to sleep pretty early. Jungkook had swung an arm around me and held me close to him as he slept, while I did the same with Yeontan. I was about to fall asleep, when Yeontan suddenly woke up and barked once. "Shh!" I say.

Yeontan stood up and jumped off of the bed. He walked to the bedroom door and sat down there. As if he wanted to say something.

I got out of Jungkook's embrace, which woke him up, and I stood up. "What's wrong?" Jungkook asked in a soft and sleepy voice. "I don't know. Yeontan is acting weird." I say. "What could it be?" Jungkook asked again. I shrugged my shoulders.

I wanted to open the door, but got interrupted by a loud noice coming from downstairs. I immediately turn my head to Jungkook, who stood up now as well. He quickly took two clothing hangers and gave one to me.

I gave Jungkook a 'really?!' gaze. Jungkook ignored my gaze and opened the door. I quickly let Yeontan sit on the bed and let him stay there. I follow Jungkook downstairs, covering his back. There was no one in the living room.

My eye fell on something moving at one of the windows. I quickly tap Jungkook's arm and point at the window. One of Jungkook's arms moved me behind him. That single action made my heart jump a beat and I wanted to say 'ahw!' while feeling so flustered, but I couldn't. The person that was trying to get in, had succeeded. The person fell on the floor and got up.

At that same moment, Jungkook had walked up to the unknown person. I switched the lights on. The person yelled as he startled of Jungkook.

"Jonghyun?!" Jungkook yelled. I joined Jungkook's side to look at Jonghyun. Jungkook was holding the clothing hanger threateningly in front of him and pointed it at Jonghyun. "The audacity you have to come here after everything you did...." Jungkook started.

I put my hand on Jungkook's arm and lowered it. I turn my gaze on Jonghyun. "What's wrong?" I ask. I saw that he had a shocked and confused look in his eyes. "H-he... J-Jaeyong..." He murmured. Jungkook gave me a worried gaze. "Calm down. What's going on?" Jungkook asked while putting his hand on Jonghyun's shoulder.

I wouldn't say I was jealous, I was just... not comfortable by the way he was holding Jonghyun. "Hangseon...I- I think he kidnapped Jaeyong." Jonghyun said while looking from off of the floor to Jungkook and then to me.

Jungkook crossed his arms. "How am I supposed to believe this?" He asked. Jonghyun's eyes sparkled with panic, but not from getting caught. "Because it is the truth! They took him! You have to help me! Please!" Jonghyun begged. I swear he almost cried.