{XLII} • Secret Rave

"Kook?" I whisper. We were lying in bed. I wanted to talk with someone. Just to get sleepy.

"Mhm?" Jungkook responded. "How was dinner with Jonghyun today?" I ask while turning in a way so that I could face Jungkook.

I saw him opening his eyes and looking at me. "It was okay. We talked a bit." He said. I smiled and went with my hand through his hair.

"And?" I ask.

"Still don't like him, if that's what you mean?"

I return my hand. "You were pretty nice to him today."

"Only because I don't want us to fight anymore. I'm done with it." Jungkook said. I nodded. "I agree. We shouldn't fight over stupid stuff." I say. Jungkook nodded.

I heard Jungkook open his mouth to say something, but I raised my head off of the pillow. "Wait. If we could follow Hangseon to the oil depot. Could we follow him to his current home?" I ask.

Jungkook and I sat up straight. Jungkook got out of bed and quickly took his laptop again. He sat down next to me in bed and started the laptop up.

We watched the footage of that day. "Loop." Jungkook said. I smashed my fist into the blanket. "Ugh! Why does he have to be this stupid!?" I ask.

"Mayb..." Jungkook started, but got interrupted by a loud glass shattering. We both startle and turn our gazes to the closed bedroom door. We quickly got out of bed and ran up to the hallway, where we met up with Jonghyun.

"What in the world was that?!" He asked sleepily. Jungkook handed us both a clothing hanger. "These," I start while lifting my clothing hanger. "Do not work!" I say.

We slowly walked down the stairs.

"Where's Taehyung?!" We heard from outside. I saw a rock and shattered glass on the floor.

"Ajeong?" I ask while looking at Jungkook. We opened the door, revealing Ajeong. She stepped forward and took my wrist.

"It took a while, but I found you. You're grounded, young man." She rattled. "Let him go!" Jungkook said while taking my other wrist. "You're not my mom! Let go of me!" I yell, trying to move in Jungkook's direction.

Ajeong's eyes widened. "Where did you hear that from?!" She asked shocked. "Your ID." I answer. Her mouth fell open. Jungkook pulled me harshly to him, which made Ajeong release me. He protectively pulled me behind him. "You better leave right now or I'll call the cops." Jungkook said.

Ajeong closed her mouth, turned her gaze one last time at me and then walked away. "You guys really need a better security system." Jonghyun said. "That's what I thought too." I say. Jungkook nodded.

"It's three in the morning. What do we do about the window?" Jungkook asked. "Just leave it. We'll call someone tomorrow." I say. Jonghyun nodded. "Okay then." Jungkook said. We went back inside.

"What do we do about her?" I ask. "Nothing. We notify the team and that's it. It's not like she's a threat or something." Jungkook said. "You don't know that. Maybe she is." I say. Jungkook shrugged his shoulders.

Jonghyun joined Jungkook's left side. "Yeah! And if she is! We'll probably take her down with our clothing hangers!" Jonghyun said. Jungkook and I laughed.

We went back to our own rooms. I lied down in bed with my head on Jungkook's shoulder. "Sleep well, Tae." Jungkook said. I smiled. "Good night, Kook." I reply.

~~~

I woke up due to the sun shining brightly onto my face. I had spread all over the bed, leaving no room for Jungkook, who was gone. I open my eyes and sleepily look around the room. I sighed.