12- The Fallen

{YOUR POV}

Everything was ringing.

My mind was foggy, like I was watching everything from a screen.

Everything was happening at once.

Yet it all seemed frozen.

No one moved.

No one breathed.

No one said anything.

I could feel my heart sinking into my stomach, but yet I could feel it racing in my chest. Beating harshly against my rib cage.

My lungs, my throat, I could feel them burn. Even after years of running the maze, they would always burn towards the end.

Was I cold, or was I hot.

My skin felt like I had spent hours in the snow. Books said snow was cold. But I've never seen it. I've never felt it.

But below my skin, it felt like I was on the sun. I felt too warm, like I was burning.

So which is right. And which is wrong.

"NOO!"

My feet were hitting the ground before I knew it, sending me speeding towards the box as they slowly began to disappear from my sight.

Falling.

"EMILIA!" I screamed as I drew in closer, closer to the crowd of my friends and family. My brothers.

They raised their arms, stopping me before I could completely reach the box. But I struggled against them, reaching for the ones I loved. Towards the one I watched grow, the one I wanted to watch reach beyond my age.

And the one I wanted to be with. The one I was in love with.

Emmy. Newt.

"EMMY! NEWT!" I cried out, the tears I hadn't noticed began to slip down my cheeks.

I duck under their arms and scramble to the box. I peer down the box and nearly cry in relief as I see them.

Emmy was holding onto Newts hands tightly, as New hung upside down to hold onto her. But Nick, he was holding onto Emmy. Trying to climb his way back up, or make her fall.

"Emmy, hold on to me, okay? Don't let go of me." Newt said, but his voice was strained.

He was in pain.

His leg.

His leg had gotten tangled with the ropes.

And he was ignoring the pain to keep her alive. To make sure she didn't fall.

"No, no. Let go Emmy! Let go and be free!" Nick called out.

I grit my teeth and wipe my tears with the back of my hand.

"Get me some rope, now!" I yell out.

I could hear feet running away, but I ignored it.

"Hello Love." His voice cracked, as he spared a glance at me from over his shoulder.

"Don't talk Newt, I know your in pain, and your doing so well. We're going to get you out, both of you. Just hold on a little longer, ok?"  I could feel my voice wobbling as I spoke.

"Momma. I'm scared."

A son escaped my lips at my daughters voice.

"I know baby, just hold on, just a little bit longer."

I glared down at Nick who smiled sickeningly up at me.

But something, silver shined down in the hole. Just past Nick.

It had been a quick flash, but the sound.

The sound was sickening.

I watched in horror as Nicks face paled, and his torso began to fall down into the darkness. His mouth filled up with blood before spilling down his chin and his eyes closed.

We all watched as his fingers slipped off of Emmy, and his body disappeared into the shadows.

Rope had been hastily thrown down the hole and Minho had slid down and grabbed Emmy safely from Newts arms. They climbed up and I stumbled towards my daughter, bringing her into my arms.

Her tears were quickly soaking my shirt but I couldn't care about it. I was crying to hard to try. Rocking her back and forth in my lap, kissing her head as I whispered to her softly. Telling her she was safe now, and that I got her.

I looked up with teary eyes as they pulled Newt up, his leg swollen and dark purple. I stood up, Emmy on my hip as they brought him to the Med-Jacks. He looked up at us, tears in his eyes from the pain. I gave him a small smile and grasped his hand, walking beside him with Emmy.

As we reached the door of the Med-Jacks, I stopped, letting go of his hand. He looked up at me and I bent down and kissed his forehead.

"She shouldn't be hear to you." I whisper, and he nodded his head in understanding.

"We'll be back Newt." I mutter as he was taken into the hut and the door was shut.

I turn around, walking away trying to cover Emmy's ears as I knew what they were about to do. Her hands tightened their grasp on my shirt as I flinched at the sound of his scream.

"He's going to be just fine Emmy. He's gonna be just fine." I whisper to her as she whimpers against my neck.

~Time Skip~

I watched from the doors of the Med-Jacks as Gally and Minho scratched out his name, digging it out of the wall like it hadn't been there at all.

I sigh softly turning around and turning my gaze towards the people I could have lost today.

Emmy was curled up against his side, resting her head against his arm that was around her. The tear tracks on her cheeks were dry and long gone. I smiled down at them gently, slowly walking towards the chair and sitting down beside the bed.

Grasping his hand, I kiss it gently, before holding it. They were sleeping calmly, and I didn't want to wake them. So I stayed on the chair. I was fine with it.

I study his face, searching for any signs of pain before sighing.  Gently I brush some hair out of his eyes, fluffing it to the side. His eyelids flutter as his eyes move from the dream he was having. I smile down at him before leaning over him and placing a kiss on his lips. Pulling back I rest my forehead against his before sitting back down in the chair.

"Thank you Newt. I love you." I whisper, before closing my eyes and drifting to sleep.