15- It's Okay. I'm Sorry. I Love You.

**HI! Sorry, another note from your crank of an author! I just would like to say, please listen to this song while reading the chapter! If you can't then pleaser listen before you actually read this chapter! This will be the last chapter I will be updating today, so please be patient and wait for the next chapter which should hopefully be out sometime tomorrow!! Any comments asking for an update will be ignored and deleted! So please enjoy the chapter and the song Human By Christina Perri.  WARNING ANGST!!!**

His broken whisper filled the air as he stared at her.

"Wh-what do you mean, 'you've already mapped the maze'? I thought-"

"I lied." She whimpered, her eyes glazing over as she looks up at him. "I had it finished since before George died."

He chokes as he stumbles back in shock, his eyes straying to the ground. "Since George-"

YN takes a step forward, the tears slipping down her cheeks. "Newt, I'm sorry. I didn't want you to worry about it!"

{YOUR POV}

"Didn't want me to worry about it!" He yelled and I flinched from his sudden rage.

"YN, you lied to me! You lied to us! We've been searching the bloody maze for years! And you've already mapped it all out?"

I shake my head stepping forward again, towards him. But he turns away, out of my reach. I curl my fingers into a fist and place it back at my side.

"Minho and Alby already know, Newt. I had to-"

"THEY ALREADY KNOW! And you didn't tell me." He looks at me, his voice slowly falling to a broken whisper. 

He stops for a moment, his eyes flickering back and forth between mine.

"Were you even going to tell me?" He uttered softly, his voice cracking.

I sob, looking down at the ground, and I could hear him scoff and take another step back.

"Newt I'm so-"

"I DON'T WANT YOUR APOLOGIES YN!" He roared, his own tears streaming down his face. His jaw snapped shut, his chest heaving as he glares at me. I knew I had messed up, but his glare. The glare he was directing at me.

It was breaking my heart, but-

"Sorry doesn't fix everything YN. Sorry doesn't fix anything." He groaned, his voice wobbling.

"I know, I know it doesn't," I whisper, my eyes never straying from his brown eyes. " But that doesn't mean that I'm not sorry."

He stays silent, looking at me with rage still behind his eyes. I had to take the chance.

" I am sorry Newt." He scoffs, glancing away from me. "Really I am! I wanted to protect you! I lied to protect everyone in this Glade!"

His eyes dart up to mine.

"If I had told everyone the truth, the truth that we're trapped here. At the time where we were. Everyone would have followed Nick. Everyone would have died Newt, and I couldn't do that. I couldn't risk that." I uttered softly.

He looks at the ground, his fist clenching and relaxing repeatedly. I shakily, hesitantly take a step towards him. 

"You weren't in a good place. I knew that Newt, and I didn't- I couldn't." I choke up as a sob rips through my throat. "Emmy loves you Newt. She already thinks of you as her father. And I-"

"Don't say you love me."

I inhaled sharply, my tears stopping in their tracks, my lips parted in mid-sentence. I stare at him, but he kept his gaze on the ground. The silence between us was deafening, not even the whirling of the beetle blades could be heard. Tense shoulders shakily fell slack to my sides.