9- Partners

{Your pov}

It's been two weeks since Newt came up. Minho thought he would be a good runner, and I agreed. His legs were a little thin, but long and strong, perfect for a runner. I was a little exited to be running with him, letting Minho stay with Alby and Emilia.

He was cute, and Emmy already loved him.

I mean, what's not to love?

I shake my head and smile as I make my way towards his hammok that was slightly swinging. His eyes were open and unfocused, and I let out a low whistle. His head turns towards me and he smiles.

"YN, what are you doing up?" He asks, sitting up and swinging his legs over the side of the hammok.

"Your getting moved from gardening. Your going to be running with me, and some times Minho. But since it's going to be your first day, you'll be running with me. Consider yourself lucky, cause if it was Minho, he would run ahead instead of waiting for you." I say.

His eyes widen slightly before he nods.

"Alright." He says softly.

I give him a small smile and pat his shoulder, making him look up at me again.

"Don't worry, it's not as hard as it seems. I'll run you through it, and you'll soon get use to it. To everything." I state.

He smiles and nods. "Thanks YN."

~Time Skip~

I sat down, leaning my back against the cool concrete wall of the maze. Newt right next to me, already tired from running the maze.

"You do this, every day?" He asks panting before drinking his water.

I nod, taking a sip of mine. I open my pack and pull out my lunch and look at Newt.

"Yeah, almost everyday. Some days I stay and let Minho run by himself, but yeah I run it all the time. It was difficult to run the first time, especially after I had just given birth to Emilia." I said, before eating some of my sandwich.

He looked at me wide eyed. "You bloody ran the maze after you just gave birth!? Why?"

I sigh and look up a the dreary sky, letting the memories flow back.

"People came into the maze, they brought guns and were trying to take Emilia from me. That was the only time the doors opened at night. And that was the first time they had ever opened. It was either stay and let them have her, or run into this place..."

He frowned. "So you didn't have a choice. Why would the creators want Emilia?"

I shake my head and sigh. "If I knew why, I would tell you. But I don't know. All I know is that I won't let Emilia come into the Maze, ever again."

Silence filled the air as I slowly ate my food along with Newt.

"What happened?"

I stop shoving my food into my mouth and let out a muffled 'huh?'.

He chuckles before replying, "After you ran into the maze with Emmy? What happened?"

I nod and chew as quick as I could before sighing.

"I ran, trying to hide from them. Nearly got caught, but then they got attacked. I remember one of them saying, 'They put them in kill mode.' That's the first time I saw a Griever." I said as I put my food in my pack.

Newt nods, but continues to look at me. So I continue.

"I heard the screams and the gun fire as the Griever took one of them down. It tore out the man's throat, right before my eyes. I ran as fast as I could, saw a few more of the men, but then another griever came. I managed to find a hiding spot, hidden underneath a part of the vines and the wall. I stayed there until morning, then found my way back to the Glade."

He stared at me in shock and I stood up.

"Now come on. We should head back."

He nods and puts his pack back.

《Newt pov》

I was in my hammok, looking up at the stars in the sky. My mind was going over what YN had told me in the bloody maze.

I heard a small snap and turn to see someone walking out of homestead. I squint and notice their small figure.

'Emilia?'

I watch as she walks out of sight before I follow her out into the field.

I notice her sitting down in the field, her hands propped behind her. Her head turned towards the sky, the silence almost deafening.

"What are you doin' out and about?" I say softly.

Her head whips around, her eyes connecting with mine. She smiles softly.

"Couldn't sleep?" I ask.

She nods. "Momma fell asleep befowe she could sing a song." She said.

I sigh and sit down next to her.

"Why awe you up?" She asks.

I look down at her and smile. "Thinking to much, and no one sung me a song."

She giggles and I smiled a little bit more.

She lets out a small yawn, and blinks for a bit.

"Tired?" I tease.

She nods and looks at me. "Can you sing me a song?"

I shake my head. "I can't sing."

She pouts and I felt myself caving in.

"Pwease! I won't tell Min Min you sing!" She said.

'Minho would most definitely tease me if he knew I did this.'

And I caved.

"Oh, alright. But you have to promise, not to tell Minho this." I say giving her a stern look.

She smiles. "Pinky promise."

I smile as she sticks her tiny pinky out and I slowly interlock our pinkys.

"Pinky promise." I say.

We let go and she moves and rest her head on my lap. I smile when I remember her doing this with YN on the first day I was here.

"Close you're eyes, then I'll start." I say.

She nods, and her eyes slip shut.

I sigh and try to think of something. My mind aching when nothing comes to mind, but I just open my mouth and suddenly, words came out.

**Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds- by: The Beatles**

Picture yourself on a
boat on a river.
With tangerine trees and
Marmalade sky's.
Somebody calls you,
You answer quite slowly.
A girl with kaleidoscopic eyes.

Cellophane flowers of
yellow and green.
Towering over your head,
Look for the girl with the
sun in her eyes
And she's gone.

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.
Ahh~

Follow her down to a
bridge by a fountain.
Where rocking horse people
Eat marshmallow pies.
Everyone smiles as you
Drift past the flowers.
That grow so incredibly high