16- The Long Night

**Hi! Hello, just a little note from your Crank for author! This chapter is longer than my usual chapters. Which is about 1000 is words. This is about 1600 or more, but I hope you like it! I will be updating either tomorrow or the day after this! A lot of things are going to be happening in this story, so be ready for a rollercoaster of a plotline. Also, this is going to be a series! The second book's next title is still to be decided, but don't worry I'll tell you all when I've decided it! So let's get on with the chapter! Enjoy! P.S I usually post updates on what story will be updated on my conversations on my page. So check that out occasionally if there hasn't been one in a while!"

{YOUR POV}

I was in pain, my shoulder bleeding, burning as the blood slowly seeped out of my wound. A griever popped up from the cliff's edge, its stinger barely missing my arm the first time, nicking my shoulder. That I could deal with, that I could fix. But I never expected it to chase me so far from its hole. By the time I had made it halfway to the door, it had caught up to me twice. And each time, stabbing at me with its stinger, and thankfully missing a successful stab. 

All in all, the only worse thing was my dislocated shoulder, something I sort of remember doing. A few scratches here and there, but nothing extremely worrying. 

But now, I stared up at the doors to my home. The place where I had lived for the past few years. Where my daughter was.

Where Newt was.

Where My family was.

I clenched my fist in anger, mad at myself for not making it in time. For-

I shake my head, turning away my thoughts. 'I don't have time for this. I need to survive the maze. Just until the doors open.'

But the distant sounds of clicking and whirling, dread slowly bubbled in my guts.

"I'll survive, I have to. For them." I thought aloud, turning my back to the door, looking down the maze I had run a hundred times before.

'But never when the gre-'

But I had when I had given birth to Emmy. I ran into the maze with her.

Inhaling slowly, cradling my arm, I  remember what Clint had done when Alby had popped his shoulder out. And with great hesitance, I clench my jaw before popping my shoulder back into place.

[NEWT POV]

No bonfire happened tonight. No one in the mood for celebrating the arrival of the new green bean when-

No, she can make it. She did before, she can do it again. 

"Newt, you need to come down-"

"No Alby. I'm not coming down, not until those doors open again." I say down to Alby while sitting on top of the tower. 

I could hear him sigh from up here, but he slowly walked away, sending me one last look before disappearing into the homestead. I glanced down at the girl who had fallen asleep with tears trails drying down her cheeks. 

I softly brush my thumb over her cheeks, wiping away the tracks. Bringing her blanket closer over her shoulder as she shivered from the cold. My gaze turns back to the doors, where I had last seen her. Sighing and leaning against the rails of the tower, I look up at the moon up in the sky. 

"Please make it out YN."

{YOUR POV}

I lean back against the wall, trying to control my heavy breathing as I hear the shucking griever turn the corner behind me. Heading deeper into the maze was not my smartest idea, but I hadn't expected the shucking thing to come that close to the Glade doors. So I had to run or I would end up as Griever food. Which I really didn't want to happen.