11- Rules

-Your pov-

It had taken the deaths of 5 Gladers for everyone to realise that Nick wouldn't be able to help them escape. That this was the life we could rely on until we found a way out of the maze.

With stone cold eyes I looked around at everyone in the hut. A decision was to be made.

"You all know the names of those that had died. Just like I did, but we could have stopped this before anyone had to die. So there is going to be a new punishment to those who doesn't listen to the rules. The rules that keep us safe and alive." I say as I glare at Nick from the corner of my eyes.

"Today at sun down, when the doors close. Nick, I hereby banish you into the maze. Take him away boys."

Nick's eyes widen as Gally and Alby grab him by his arms and begin to take him out of the hut.

"I didn't want to do that, but there was no other choice. He made his choice the moment he told George to climb." I say, before walking out.

I could hear foot steps from behind me, and I already knew that they were Newt's.

"Love? Love slow down!"

I sigh, the rage still boiling up inside of me, but I slow down. He grabbed my arm, turning me around to face him, his eyes full of worry.

"Are you alright? You stormed out of there rather quickly."

I shake my head, clenching my fists tightly, my nails digging into my skin.

His hand quickly envelops mine, his fingers unraveling mine and he places his palm against mine.

I feel myself relax slowly, just by his touch my anger leaves me and is replaced my calmness. Serenity.

"Love?" He asks.

I sigh softly, walking closer to him and placing my head against his chest. His hands unlock from mine as he wraps his arms around me, warmth spreading through my cool skin.

"I'm fine Newt. Just wished that, things weren't the way they were. You know?" I whisper.

I felt him nod, his hand on my back, soothing me.

"Hey- whoa. I know you two are a thing but please leave the shocking for later." Minho interrupts with a cheeky smile. "We've got a maze to run."

I roll my eyes with a huff, but a smile crossed my face nonetheless. I nodded my head towards him before turning to Newt, and placing a small kiss on his lips.

He smiled down at me brightly, before  the sound of Minho fake gagging was to be heard behind us. I turn towards the shank and punch him in the shoulder, before looking over my shoulder towards Newt.

He smiled and waved at me as we walked towards the entrance to the maze, him growing smaller as he shrinks into the distance.

"Are you ready?" Minho asks, his eyes studying me.

I sigh before looking into the maze and shaking my head.

"I'm not ready, I'm not sure I'll ever be ready. But it has to be done, or else more people will die." I state, glancing over at him.

He nods with a sigh. "Yeah, it has to be."

And with that, we left. Running deeper into the maze, following the map we had pictured in our heads.

This was the job of a runner.

Run the maze.

Map the maze.

And then get the shuck out of the maze before it gets dark.

And every time we go out, we risk our lives.