11 | The Chase

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

3rd Person's Pov

The roof covering the wagon tore off revealing Historia and Eren. Eren was going to use the shotgun beside him but Historia was shot by one of those darts.

"Historia--" Eren was later shot as well making him fall down on the ground as well.

The girl who shot them took over the wagon and drove off out of the street they're currently in.

Captain Levi was trailing behind the wagon but was stopped by three of Kenny's men. The animators used most of their budget on this scene and made it look badass. Levi ended up in a bar. He hid behind the counters, waiting for Kenny.

"Hey, that's Levi from the Survey Corps!" One of the customers exclaimed

"I could have sworn I caught the scent of a filthy rat drifting fro this bar. Come out and play, little rat."

Kenny hollered as he enters the bar, "There you are! Time for the Military Police to exterminate some vermin! Bang! Bang!"

The customers just looked at him with a mixture of shock, fear and surprised.

"The hell?! Where did he go?!" Kenny groaned.

"Right here, Kenny. It's been a while. Never thought you'd still be alive. So instead of executing the Military Police, you decided to join them?"

"Adults do plenty of things a kid like you can't understand. Oops, my bad. You're so short, I keep forgetting you've gotten older. I've been looking forward to seeing you in action. I never thought you'd put all of those tricks I taught you to such good use. But didn't I ever tell you wha happens to a cornered rat? It doesn't matter which way you run. You'll be shot down from on high no matter what."

Kenny grabbed a chair and continued, "Hey, Levi..."

He smashed the chair on to the Wine/Beer's wrack, making most of them shatter.

"I have a little feeling that I understand exactly why you joined the Survey Corps. It was all we could do to stay alive in that garbage heap. Just surviving each day took everything we had. And don't you remember how much it hurt when we learned how big the world really was? But it wasn't all that hard to save ourselves. We just had to find something we can do. It's that simple. The cold hard truth is that the only thing you really need to lead a fulfilling life is a hobby!" He exclaimed

Levi looked at the bottle of wine in front of him and turned it a bit so he could see Kenny's reflection. "A hobby? So blowing my teammates' heads is a hobby to you, is it?"

Kenny answered, "Yup. I don't care who or what I have to mow down to achieve my greater goal. And don't pretend you're any different. You've done your share of killing."